Can we get some more mage items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darknessns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-30-2011

It appears to me that mage's item selection is remaining the same while tanks and dps items are growing, seeing that if you count the amount of penitration items dps have a total of 5 different ones 6 if you count ones that build into others, while mages only have 3. not only that but when it comes to penitration it is easier to buy magic resist early game and stop a carry completely then it is for a caster to buy any sort of pen, as boots are 1100, void is around 2200 and the only low costing pen is haunting guise which isnt nearly useful enough as most mage items so its not even worth it unless you are vlad but then you would need to sell it late game anyways for something better. and talking about boots sorc boots are one of the few boots that dont build from anything, but they cost i believe the second most behind merc treads which build from a null magic mantle making the purchase easier as it can be done in stages unlike sorc boots. this has been something that has been bothering me for a while but i didnt mind it because the items pretty much stayed the same but now that dps have 3-4 new items including ones that give more lifesteal and more hp and tanks get more mr items now from dominion i find this to be a little bit more on the annoying side then my liking, as their is no ap or mage items.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Brutalizer, Youmoo, SotD (which is rarely seen outside of Jax games), Last Whisper, Stark's Fervor and Black Cleaver
vs
Abyssal, Malady (mostly used on magic based DPS), Sorcerer's Boots, Haunting Guise, and Void Staff.
That's 6 to 5, not 6 to 3.

Second, MR items are more expensive, and it's harder to get high MR than Armor in 3 items unless you stack Force of Nature (only recommended on Mundo or Cho'gath).

Third, while Sorcs cost the second most of all boot types, they are the only boots in League that increase single strike damage output while DPS don't have an ArPen boot.

Last, there will be balance problems in Dominion. No doubt about it. It's called "they just released a new map that has several different new items, buffs, and objectives that's available to all 82 champions" I mean they probably tried, but it's going to take a couple months before Dominion is close to any form of balance other than off-balance.

Darknessns

Recruiter

08-31-2011

so on an annie you excepct someone to get a malady? i didnt say any ap item i listed spesifically to mages, and abyssal secpter is reduction not penitration which in the long run while with void staff actually lessens your damage, haunting guise i said above isn't viable late game which is where the most mr is. MR is more expensive then armor this is true but if you take into account that you get more armor pen from runes, little as it may be and that more life steal items that always are healing these people, while even with 100-250 armor they still hit 300-500 each hit 2 times a second and heal, compared to a mage which usually have 3 damage abilites ranging from 500-1000 depending on the ability, champion, build, etc then a cool down even with spell vamp thats healing for what? 500 or so? yes i know im exxagerating a bit with the spell vamp because i havent done the math but even still it seems a bit unfair, this isnt to say that you didnt have points, but i would just like to see some slight changes to make it more easily to stay in battles like i would like to see an ap atmas kind of thing, or a basic spell vamp item like vamperic scepter or a step in the boots so it can be bought in two steps something as simple as that would help casters 10x without completely overpowering them. i mean you cant say that a caster vs trynd if the trynd is any good the caster will win, and i realise that dominion needs to be release and have all the items out i anticipated this, but its kind of aggrivating to see dps getting more tanky able to heal more and put out more damage, and to see no pen items being added no tanky ap being added besides roa and rylias, even still you can get items if you sacrafice alot of ap like geting a zhonda instead of a raddamon. im not trying to say its completely unbalanced but it would be nice to see a little bit better in the caster division instead of more dps buffs. sorry this was long but i feel like i didnt explain myself well enough in the first one and thanks for the input you made lots of vaild points

xkawazux

08-31-2011

Youmoo, Last Whisper, Stark's Fervor, and Black Cleaver are all end game items. Abyssal, Sorc Boots, and Haunting Guise are all only effective early game. A single MR item basically makes anything other than Void Staff Pointless.

Eddiot

08-31-2011

RoA/Deathcap/Zhonya's/Abyssal/Sorc/Rylai's/Deathfire/lich/Void/WotA/Haunting/AA/Morello's = 13

IE/BC/BT/Hexdrinker/phantom/FM/Trinty/Wits/Starks/Madreds/Wriggles/Manamune/Zerker's = 13

Nashor's/Rageblade/Gunblade/Swift/Mercs/Malady/CDR boots = 7

So as we can see AP and AD have a similar number of items. Now for dominion some of the AD items are being rebalanced where as the AP aren't. This doesn't change the number of items for either AP or AD as for each item added to the AD one is being subtracted.

Reikken

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
SotD (which is rarely seen outside of Jax games)
only because people are dumb. It's a good item even if everyone on the enemy team has 0 dodge