Unknown Error - An unknown error has occurred

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0UP

09-15-2009

Same error here, but it happens when I try to start game or open my profile page - it's weird, since I have been playing LoL for the last 2 hours with no problems at all and then all of a sudden it starts giving me errors! x3 argh!

Code:
(mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
  body = (Object)#1
  clientId = (null)
  correlationId = "68358CB7-3202-EA65-6A3A-BEA7BB268F3B"
  destination = ""
  extendedData = (null)
  faultCode = "Client.Error.RequestTimeout"
  faultDetail = "The request timeout for the sent message was reached without receiving a response from the server."
  faultString = "Request timed out"
  headers = (Object)#2
  messageId = "005914F4-3FEE-BA52-DB93-BEA830670CAE"
  rootCause = (null)
  timestamp = 0
  timeToLive = 0
Code:
  body = (Object)#1
  clientId = (null)
  correlationId = "2301C94C-E28C-3810-90AA-BEA8BEC2D15A"
  destination = ""
  extendedData = (null)
  faultDetail = "The request timeout for the sent message was reached without receiving a response from the server."
  headers = (Object)#2
  messageId = "B7810F98-CD17-090A-002A-BEA934021220"
  rootCause = (null)
  timestamp = 0
  timeToLive = 0
Theres two of the 'unknown error' details content and dxdiag.txt attatched below, hope it helps!

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-15-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll make a post in here if I get a fix from an engineer. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait for patches.

Like Reaper said, it may be an issue with your college's network. You may want to contact your school's IT guy and ask if they block anything specific. Still, it would be nice if PvP.net could tell you something instead of 3 random errors, so keep the feedback coming.

BB-248

S0UP

09-15-2009

Thank you Jesse, for me though I doubt its that, I'm running LoL from home so have access to my network and such! I'll give it all a second glace tho, incase anythings changed - as windows just loves to be difficult!

Edit --

Reset route & comp and it solved the issue (not sure if thats a permanate solution, but fingers crossed) - also noticed upon log in, since i restarted LoL due to being unable to do anything, that i seemed to think I had joined a game.. so it joined me to a game but took me back to the welcome screen? might explain things alittle? bleh im no wizz, sorry! x3

Brad

09-16-2009

Thanks for all the replies i did try it on my friends connection and it seemed fine then, i didn't actually play a game though, but it still didn't throw up three errorss.
And yes, about the university/college dorm thing... you might be right, the company (its external) who does it have made a mess up with my connection and i'm still waiting for it to be fixed...

Could ports being blocked cause the errors i was receiving, perhaps? Because i'm receiving the wrong 'package' from my ISP which is just basic internet, when i actually purchased the 'gamer package' (which opens all ports and is faster =D) Note that my friends connection i tried it on was the gamer package.

zaratustra

09-18-2009

greetings every1

i just logged into the game using my new beta and seem to recive the following message :

body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "E6943623-E00C-4F37-4E4C-CD0DD9A99F83"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "9CB11839-E468-597C-013B-CD0E4F035243"
rootCause = (null)
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0

can any1 explain in lamen's terms ( since i am not that practiced in english - israeli player )
how do i fix this issue ?

thx alot in advance
TAL RIMMER

Malystryx

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
On the PVP.net Client i'm getting 3 messages popping up after i select that i want to play a Practice Game. this has only happened since i moved into Student Accommodation and got new internet. (I've been assured that i have all available ports open, but i don't know for sure if that's true (seeing as on the first day, today, the speeds are really slow)

The errors are as follows:

Code:
  body = (Object)#1
  clientId = (null)
  correlationId = "585DF121-8B54-034D-DE12-B977547E2C7F"
  destination = ""
  extendedData = (null)
  headers = (Object)#2
  messageId = "F25BDA58-3729-D8AB-2999-B977CA2A6D05"
  rootCause = (null)
  timestamp = 0
  timeToLive = 0
Code:
  body = (Object)#1
  clientId = (null)
  correlationId = "F8926F5D-E49A-1538-3551-B977547C098A"
  destination = ""
  extendedData = (null)
  headers = (Object)#2
  messageId = "BBAF0A43-31BB-3F71-2710-B977CA1222E7"
  rootCause = (null)
  timestamp = 0
  timeToLive = 0
Code:
  body = (Object)#1
  clientId = (null)
  correlationId = "ED5C244B-91D6-D4E2-B675-B977547AF9A0"
  destination = ""
  extendedData = (null)
  headers = (Object)#2
  messageId = "12640FE0-405B-FE81-CF27-B977C9CBC66D"
  rootCause = (null)
  timestamp = 0
  timeToLive = 0
If i press Refresh, then a list of available games appears, however when i attempt to join one, i get error messages again.

UPDATE: i managed to play a game just now, although i skipped champion selection and it went from me being in the lobby/chat place pre-game, to the loading screen and i was assigned a random champion =P ( i did still get the error messages though before i joined the game, which took a long time, and once the game finished got them again)

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance for any help.

I too was getting that error last night. And I haven't tried to play since then because I have work. I really hope this gets fixed by the time I get home. But this happens when i try to get my profile. I am not sure if it is exactly like his. I will check and post mine when I get home.

zaratustra

09-18-2009

i seem to be getting the same errors over and over again whenever i try to either create a game or join a game it simply gets stuck

if there is some1 here that tried and managed to fix this issue , we would greatly appritiate the help

zaratustra

09-18-2009

i must say that i find this forum a bit in chaos , i have been searching for a way to interact with the support team in a more direct way and didnt find anything , tried reading the forums to find a "problem-solution" thread but its in a mess.

if you have a solution for the following 3 "unkown errors" or similar ones since i see that more people are experiencing the same frostrating problems plz try and explain the solutions in as much detail as possibale and if there is a room to directly talk to the admin or the support team plz try and write it down as well .

the 3 errors are as follows:

body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "E1E179E1-38D9-C612-8C26-CD333A677E3F"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "87C6AF8B-A51F-22F1-C41D-CD33AFAFB038"
rootCause = (null)
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0

body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "8BB4A42A-711E-54F1-FA5F-CD333A8A6CB5"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "C405802A-0CB2-1F6B-8F55-CD33B00C4EAD"
rootCause = (null)
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0

body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "E8A9CD5F-17C8-EF7F-F85D-CD333A8C5469"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "2A4BD63E-43E2-42E6-80A0-CD33B0210A76"
rootCause = (null)
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0

BaggeN

09-18-2009

I am having the same problem with the unknown errors.

Shadax

09-18-2009

Same here, i get the exact same errors. It seems very random! At first i uninstalled and re-installed Air+LOL, however that fix doesn't seem to necessarily work!

Sometimes if i wait an hour, it allows me to play again. What's REALLY annoying is my friend who lives half an hour's drive away gets no errors, anytime.

This is so frustrating! I'd love to at least know if it is something to do with my connection (which seems unlikely as i change nothing and it will magically decide not to give me errors after giving me them for 2hours) or is it something to do with riot?