Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trinity Force, how i know which champio is good to use it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blanic

08-30-2011

So how i know if a champion is the best for this item? i notice that everyone build every new champ whit Trinity Force (Lee Sin, Leona, Yorick, Wukong, Skramer and even Talon) just a few days after their release and just a few of them still use it (Skramer, Yorick, Leona sometimes) so how i know if a champ can use the Trinity Force?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blanic the wave cleaner

Blanic

08-30-2011

lol i miss the "n"

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

08-30-2011

Trinity Force is best used on champions who depend on spammed skills (Skarner, Lee Sin, Yorick), champions who have good gap-closing skills (Leona, Lee Sin, Talon), and champions who have a skill that says it applies on-hit effects (you didn't list these but Gangplank and Ezreal do this).

Spammed skills, like Skarner's Q for example, procs the sheen effect of Trinity between your auto attacks. Gap closers pull you in for an auto attack, increasing the effectiveness of it because--again--you're able proc the Sheen effect. On-hit skills apply the sheen proc as well.

It's also nice because of the slow, the HP/Mana/AD/AP/AS/Crit/MS boost.

kavinh the third

08-30-2011

trinity force is a core item for damage wise champions that have an attack that procs it to stacks onto their next auto attack such as nasus's or gangplank's q.
It's also usually a core item for champions with skills with a low spamming rate usually useful for any ad based champion with a skill under 4seconds cooldown.

Ensign

08-30-2011

In general, it's best on champions with spammable skills and poor scaling. Characters with good scaling will want to use either an AP/AD build, as appropriate; characters without spammable skills will need to fall back on a proc build for offense.

Enraged Pickle

08-30-2011

Champions with on hit effect (e.g. Nasus, Udyr, Wukong)
Champions with low cooldown skill so they can spam a certain skill (e.g. Nasus, Udyr, Wukong, Skarner, Yorick,)
Champions who are tanky DPS or off tank
Champions who wants to do quick burst damage

Leona with TF is possible but I would hate that Leona.

GroovySmoothies

07-29-2013

tf on tf