Reporting Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whorseman

08-02-2009

Honestly, I think everyone sometimes makes a mistake and goes overboard on the trashtalk. The point is, I hope people don't go ban crazy for one instance of insults. I think a slap on the wrist in the form of 5-10 summoner levels less could be done for the first time or second time, and stern message saying something like:

"A severe infraction of the TOS involving obscene, vulgar, or racist comments has occurred in this account. This lowers the entertainment quality of the game significantly. Penalty: 10 summoner levels deducted. Future infractions of this level may result in a termination of this account"

Hopefully there is a way for the mods or admins to see the game log, so they can tell if it was just ordinary trash talk (which can increase the quality of the game) or joking around.

Lucidity

08-02-2009

I'm glad that I can report the racism and vulgarity spammers, but it's very difficult without a chat log. =(

Coleman

08-02-2009

Yeah I haven't been reporting what I've seen because I'm not sure how heavy the ban hammer falls and it really hasn't been abusive yet.

YourLastRite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-02-2009

Player's names were "Octivate" and "seduxtion", they trash talked the entire game and then said "go ahead an report me, they don't care." and "The dev's won't do anything about it"

765Immortal

08-02-2009

To be honest, I think that all-chat should be removed from the game. If you wish to congratulate your opponent on their victory or offer advice to the losing opponents, you can do so through the PvP.net Buddies interface.

Also would like to confirm YourLastRite's claim that "Octivate" and "seduxtion" and their team were trash talking at various points during the games progression. At which point, I took some initiative and said that I was in the reporting mood.

Whiplash

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourLastRite View Post
Player's names were "Octivate" and "seduxtion", they trash talked the entire game and then said "go ahead an report me, they don't care." and "The dev's won't do anything about it"
I'm sorry but that does not look like excessively offensive, vulgar, or racist. Sounds like some grade (A) QQ to me.

YourLastRite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
I'm sorry but that does not look like excessively offensive, vulgar, or racist. Sounds like some grade (A) QQ to me.

it was more of a point to get across that people are under the impression that they can do anything they want, say anything they want, and get away with it

youthere

08-02-2009

You people need to get thicker skin if online trash talking bothers you.

Whiplash

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourLastRite View Post
it was more of a point to get across that people are under the impression that they can do anything they want, say anything they want, and get away with it
Well from what I hear you guys have a 5 man premade and got rickrolled. When you get beat by a pug you deserve some trash talk

DaedaL Lej

Adjudicator

08-02-2009

It kinda sucks if you lose to a 5 team cause you join alone with a pug. then you join with your team and then talk trash and they say there going to report you haha