Reporting Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Ezreal Na

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
Well from what I hear you guys have a 5 man premade and got rickrolled. When you get beat by (fixed)another premade(fixed) you deserve some trash talk
point is, it was unnecessary, rude and unsportsmanlike. Isn't the whole point of this thread and to some extent this game to get away from the caustic environment of DoTA? Whether I get rolled with my friends or not isn't the issue, its that I'd like to have a fun time playing a polite game without some poor kid without a real life taking his frustrations out in a constant stream of ****-talk.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-02-2009

Suckmywang, Ihmstine, and one other player, I think Dromars, are using accounts called NegroSpice, Negroindanight, and negrothunder

NegroThunder

08-02-2009

Around 1442, the Portuguese first arrived in sub-Saharan Africa while trying to find a sea route to India. The term negro, literally meaning "black", was used by the Spanish and Portuguese to refer to people. From the 18th century to the late 1960s, "negro" (later capitalized) was considered the proper English term for all people of sub-Saharan African origin.
It fell out of favor by the early 1970s in the United States after the Civil Rights movement. However, older African Americans from the period when "Negro" was considered acceptable, initially found the term "Black" more offensive than "Negro". Evidence for this is in historical African-American organizations and institutions' use of the term—such as the United Negro College Fund. In current English language usage, "Negro" is generally considered acceptable in a historical context, such as baseball's Negro Leagues of the early and mid-20th century, or in the name of older organizations, as in Negro spirituals, the United Negro College Fund or the Journal of Negro Education. The U.S. Census now uses the grouping "Black or African American."

-Get over yourself kiss ass.

Luchen

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Suckmywang, Ihmstine, and one other player, I think Dromars, are using accounts called NegroSpice, Negroindanight, and negrothunder
Is that offensive in any level though? I'm probably missing something.

Whiplash

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironylung View Post
point is, it was unnecessary, rude and unsportsmanlike. Isn't the whole point of this thread and to some extent this game to get away from the caustic environment of DoTA? Whether I get rolled with my friends or not isn't the issue, its that I'd like to have a fun time playing a polite game without some poor kid without a real life taking his frustrations out in a constant stream of ****-talk.
Well like someone said earlier, you need to get thicker skin. I don't even read chat most of the time in games. If your not a competitive player then you should not be playing a competitive game. Trust me I've been in games where we are getting our asses handed to us and the other team is talking trash. I don't whine like a little girl and start reporting people for it tho. I could see reporting someone if they were hacking or using exploits not intended to have an advantage.

Anyways my point being is that this is the internet people express themselves how they see fit. I don't know if they have an in-game language filter option or not, but it would be a good idea for people like you.

P.S. lawl at Negrothunder's comment

Zwag

Adjudicator

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroThunder View Post
Around 1442, the Portuguese first arrived in sub-Saharan Africa while trying to find a sea route to India. The term negro, literally meaning "black", was used by the Spanish and Portuguese to refer to people. From the 18th century to the late 1960s, "negro" (later capitalized) was considered the proper English term for all people of sub-Saharan African origin.
It fell out of favor by the early 1970s in the United States after the Civil Rights movement. However, older African Americans from the period when "Negro" was considered acceptable, initially found the term "Black" more offensive than "Negro". Evidence for this is in historical African-American organizations and institutions' use of the term—such as the United Negro College Fund. In current English language usage, "Negro" is generally considered acceptable in a historical context, such as baseball's Negro Leagues of the early and mid-20th century, or in the name of older organizations, as in Negro spirituals, the United Negro College Fund or the Journal of Negro Education. The U.S. Census now uses the grouping "Black or African American."

-Get over yourself kiss ass.

Hmmm, NegroThunder!, WhitePower!, AsianSupremacy!, MexicansAnonymous! All fine names right?

Dont be using a name which you know will draw attention if you arent willing do deal with that attention.

ketchup

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroThunder View Post
In current English language usage, "Negro" is generally considered acceptable in a historical context, such as baseball's Negro Leagues of the early and mid-20th century, or in the name of older organizations, as in Negro spirituals, the United Negro College Fund or the Journal of Negro Education. The U.S. Census now uses the grouping "Black or African American."
I don't understand, you just proved the names you are using have no historical context. It's probably inappropriate for many forums and as far as online account names go, it's not really the best choice of words. There are many acceptable alternatives to use, but you choose to use those? Please re-evaluate your audience.

Scyrge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-02-2009

A character by the name of Petey Pablo was being excessively mean and elitist in a game I was just in. I unfortunately do not have any screenshots, but I do have witnesses if needed.

NegroInDaNight

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
I don't understand, you just proved the names you are using have no historical context. It's probably inappropriate for many forums and as far as online account names go, it's not really the best choice of words. There are many acceptable alternatives to use, but you choose to use those? Please re-evaluate your audience.
People have a problem with the word "negro" not the names themselfs. he isnt trying to say the names are of historical context.

Larias

Adjudicator

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroInDaNight View Post
People have a problem with the word "negro" not the names themselfs. he isnt trying to say the names are of historical context.
"Negro in da Night" is so blatantly offensive that I'm surprised you are even trying to defend it.