Where does Jarvan IV stand right now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellllloooo

08-30-2011

Level 30, still don't really have a main. With all my experience, I've noticed that I get my best scores with either a caster or a tanky DPS. I found my favorite caster, Karthus (thanks freeweek, everyone will think I'm a noob). Now I need a favorite tanky DPS. Watched lots of gameplay footage, and he seems hella fun. How's his balance? OP, UP? Is there a high chance for him to be nerfed? Any other info would be great. Thanks!

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

08-30-2011

He is a very strong tanky dps.

He has mobility, damage and lots of cc. He won't be nerfed anymore though is my guess, people think he was hit a tiny bit too hard already. Riot thinks he is fine too so he's a safe bet to start learning.

Also, he jungles well and can lane in solo or duo well too. Overall he is a great pick if your team needs a tank. I suggest looking up the guide for Jarvan made by TheRainMan (on solomid.net), it's 2 months outdated now but it all still applies to him.

Mellllloooo

08-30-2011

I don't really want to become the tank if I play him, though.

Two Chainz Swaga

08-30-2011

I've seen a Jarvan AD carry before, although I normally wouldn't recommend it. He's an incredible champion who is very fun to play.

Bumbah

08-30-2011

Fun, but mana intensive. His passive makes last-hitting a breeze. His ult can be a double edge sword - cancel it if need be. Great all around champ, for sure

Seeker0fTruth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellllloooo View Post
I don't really want to become the tank if I play him, though.
Sometimes, you'll get into a game and your team will instalock Brand Ashe Soraka and Anivia and your choices will be to tank or to queue dodge. I think Jarvan does a great jungle tank, although I think they nerfed him a little bit hard. Still, he's so cool it hardly matters. He has some of the best quotes in the game (Demacia! Get some!) and you'll definitely feel that you're helping your team both taking damage and dishing it out. Plus, he's great fun to play and people do NOT get away from you. Flash + Flag-Lance and Cataclysm give you THREE blinks and a slow. Think about how silly that is.

Zeikei

08-30-2011

Well... J4 is good, he's perhaps the most powerful team battle Tanky DPS, no matter what, you WILL build survivability as Jarvan, even if you aren't the tank... Jarvan will be obviously UP if they nerf him, so I doubt he'll get hit, and he's in a good enough place that I doubt even more that he'll get buffed...

People are going to say "oh he picked Jarvan, we have a tank" most of the time, just so they have an excuse to pick a squishy, so just going to give you the heads up on that.

Janrok

08-30-2011

Jarvan can be quite a good initiator and deal decent damage when built triforce + tank. However he can't really protect his team members so I wouldn't call him a tank

ComradeHX

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janrok24 View Post
Jarvan can be quite a good initiator and deal decent damage when built triforce + tank. However he can't really protect his team members so I wouldn't call him a tank
This.

The occasional knockup has its uses(as in, flag can break spellshield and then your knockup can hit)...but J4 is no Chogath.

Axiiom

08-30-2011

I love Jarvan, he's by far my favorite character. Get really good with timing the flag'n'drag combo and you'll be knocking people up through the wall as they try to outrun your carry.

He is somewhat hard to play as full tank though, IMO, and should only be done if everyone else instalocks and you have no experience with other tanks. Building Atmog's helps with that a little bit, but Triforce offtank Jarvan is much more fun, and more effective.

Oh yeah, his mana is pretty bad, yeah. I run MP5/lvl runes and it seems to help. If anyone has a better strategy tho, please correct me. Always looking to improve my Jarvan game