Do you want a surrender option in Dominion?

Yes 158 28.37%
No 337 60.50%
I do not care or I am undecided 62 11.13%
Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want a surrender option in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thindrake

09-06-2011

I vote NO, because if you are winning it is much more satisfying to actually WIN.

Surrender on SR is so unsatisfying, people cannot wait 1 more minute and actually fight the last (losing) battle at the nexus. You spend 40minutes building up for that last fight, then the opponent surrenders, spoiling the fun.

Think of those HIGHS, worth it to wait a little for the losses to finish.

Wynden127

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2011

I vote no, because I despise surrendering. =\

There is ALWAYS a way to win, and I get sick of my teammates saying "we lose" everytime we lose a single tower in SR. If we're going to lose, it's pretty obvious, and the game will end soon anyways.

If we do implement a surrender button, please make it somewhere far from the reach of the QQers and the trolls. Probably around 25-30 minutes. I saw some of the Dominion live streams and people came back 300 POINTS BEHIND. If I have teammates who think they can't do the same, then it makes me frustrated because they were probably casual gamers too.

Handbananna

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHayes View Post
As someone else said, if you are playing 4v5 in dominion, the game would be over in less than 15 minutes, and if it isnt, then you still got a chance to beat the other team.

I dont really think Surrender is usefull in this mod, that's all.
Don't try and talk sense to people on a gaming forum, especially when a large majority of the LoL community loves to smash the surrender button if there's the slightest hint they don't have the upper hand by the 20 minute mark in SR.

aestelion

09-07-2011

Yes. What must you do if your team is losing so much without a hope to win the game ? In war, SURRENDER.

Well I think RIOT must consider REMAKE button than SURRENDER especially in first 5 minutes. If there is unbalance team in 2 minute in first 5 minute (until minute 3, after minute 4, REMAKE can be called if its still unbalance), (eg 4 V 5), team with 4 people can call REMAKE. If successful (4 approval from team (if consists 4 people), which is called remake, and 2 from enemy team) then game end with no one win and back to champion selection.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Bumping this thread now that Dominion has begun and people have actually had experiences with the game mode.

Cocona Vatel

09-24-2011

not really needed. the games are rediculusly short anyway and will be over by 10mins if u cant win/put up a good fight anyway

Shadowsaint

09-24-2011

Surrender for a mode like this should be used only if 1 or more people need to leave or d/c or whatever. But if your losing badly? No reason to surrender on this mode.

ihasSadface

09-24-2011

i hate surrender with such a passion in all honesty. All the "pr0" kids that think they're so amazing and baddies qqer's etc. all use that as an excuse to end the game instead of play it out till the end. I mean even in SR without the rare times of a leaver and all that stuff there is always a way to win even if the chance is slim its still there.

Ree Sing

09-24-2011

I voted yes, because nobody has accounted for disconnected allies, or intentional feeders etc.
No surrender would allow havoc.

09-25-2011

bump. I had a game today where someone on my team tried to surrender, It failed 1/4. I was pleased.