My Dominion Experience: PAX Sunday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aivalyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

OMG I was the Veigar in this match! LOL.

I have been only playing for a week or two. I am used to QWERDF but the RDF was bound to ASD instead! Arrrgh! PLUS, every time I hit R to use my ultimate, the shop window would pop up and obscure my screen. Talk about annoying. I tried hitting escape to rebind the keys to the defaults, and in the keybinding window it looked like I reset them correctly but in the game it did not change.

So about halfway through I finally managed to just deal with using ASD instead, and managed to play much better for the last half. In the final panic at the end I ninja'd two towers to help my awesome teammates win the game 1-0. Yay! Best moment at PAX!

Also, later I got PAX Jax and that made me extra-happy. He is totally fun to play.

P.S. I played DOMINION as Annie on Friday but found her very squishy in such an environment. Died a lot more than I'm used to, but then again I found that my D and F were bound to A and S on that machine. Seriously, what is going on with the crazy keybindings? Anyway, the capture and hold game seems geared more towards characters who can suck up a lot of damage or throw out a lot of crowd control. But maybe I just need to LTP. I am new at this game.

TheMinDMaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Omg nice

Maleseism

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aivalyn View Post
OMG I was the Veigar in this match! LOL.

I have been only playing for a week or two. I am used to QWERDF but the RDF was bound to ASD instead! Arrrgh! PLUS, every time I hit R to use my ultimate, the shop window would pop up and obscure my screen. Talk about annoying. I tried hitting escape to rebind the keys to the defaults, and in the keybinding window it looked like I reset them correctly but in the game it did not change.

So about halfway through I finally managed to just deal with using ASD instead, and managed to play much better for the last half. In the final panic at the end I ninja'd two towers to help my awesome teammates win the game 1-0. Yay! Best moment at PAX!

Also, later I got PAX Jax and that made me extra-happy. He is totally fun to play.

P.S. I played DOMINION as Annie on Friday but found her very squishy in such an environment. Died a lot more than I'm used to, but then again I found that my D and F were bound to A and S on that machine. Seriously, what is going on with the crazy keybindings? Anyway, the capture and hold game seems geared more towards characters who can suck up a lot of damage or throw out a lot of crowd control. But maybe I just need to LTP. I am new at this game.
When LoL first came out, it was bound to AS and a lot of people are used to that. Then some random patch rebound them to DF. So if I ever play anywhere other than my own comp I tend to swap it back, which is what I'm assuming happened there.

Aivalyn

09-04-2011

Ah, that makes sense. Still, it was really annoying for a new player! >_<

James Slaughter

09-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
Forget everything else, You've got Disney World.
I live an hour from disney, was great