Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My Dominion Experience: PAX Sunday

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aivalyn

09-01-2011

OMG I was the Veigar in this match! LOL.

I have been only playing for a week or two. I am used to QWERDF but the RDF was bound to ASD instead! Arrrgh! PLUS, every time I hit R to use my ultimate, the shop window would pop up and obscure my screen. Talk about annoying. I tried hitting escape to rebind the keys to the defaults, and in the keybinding window it looked like I reset them correctly but in the game it did not change.

So about halfway through I finally managed to just deal with using ASD instead, and managed to play much better for the last half. In the final panic at the end I ninja'd two towers to help my awesome teammates win the game 1-0. Yay! Best moment at PAX!

Also, later I got PAX Jax and that made me extra-happy. He is totally fun to play.

P.S. I played DOMINION as Annie on Friday but found her very squishy in such an environment. Died a lot more than I'm used to, but then again I found that my D and F were bound to A and S on that machine. Seriously, what is going on with the crazy keybindings? Anyway, the capture and hold game seems geared more towards characters who can suck up a lot of damage or throw out a lot of crowd control. But maybe I just need to LTP. I am new at this game.

TheMinDMaster

09-01-2011

Omg nice

Maleseism

09-02-2011

Quote:
Aivalyn:
OMG I was the Veigar in this match! LOL.

I have been only playing for a week or two. I am used to QWERDF but the RDF was bound to ASD instead! Arrrgh! PLUS, every time I hit R to use my ultimate, the shop window would pop up and obscure my screen. Talk about annoying. I tried hitting escape to rebind the keys to the defaults, and in the keybinding window it looked like I reset them correctly but in the game it did not change.

So about halfway through I finally managed to just deal with using ASD instead, and managed to play much better for the last half. In the final panic at the end I ninja'd two towers to help my awesome teammates win the game 1-0. Yay! Best moment at PAX!

Also, later I got PAX Jax and that made me extra-happy. He is totally fun to play.

P.S. I played DOMINION as Annie on Friday but found her very squishy in such an environment. Died a lot more than I'm used to, but then again I found that my D and F were bound to A and S on that machine. Seriously, what is going on with the crazy keybindings? Anyway, the capture and hold game seems geared more towards characters who can suck up a lot of damage or throw out a lot of crowd control. But maybe I just need to LTP. I am new at this game.

When LoL first came out, it was bound to AS and a lot of people are used to that. Then some random patch rebound them to DF. So if I ever play anywhere other than my own comp I tend to swap it back, which is what I'm assuming happened there.

Aivalyn

09-04-2011

Ah, that makes sense. Still, it was really annoying for a new player! >_<

James Slaughter

09-04-2011

Quote:
LowPolyCount:
Forget everything else, You've got Disney World.

I live an hour from disney, was great