Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kennen critique?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VöX

05-19-2010

So I'm 4/7 Kennen atm.

I've tried various builds in practice, masteries, runes, etc etc.

Currently:

Runes:
Glyphs / CD reduc
Seals / Hp / lvl
marks / Magic Pen
Quints / Flat HP

I run Ghost and Flash.

With ignite I find myself dying often without the extra escape measure, and with cleanse he's so squishy it rarely matters anyway.

masteries are 0/21/9 currently, I've tried a pure offensive kennen, both 21/0/9 and 21/9/0, and I just can't seem to keep him alive long enough to make a difference.

I usually go:

Dorans + pot
Boots + ward if app.
haunting guise
boots of choice (i've had surprising luck with zerkers, seems to help in that last instance)
rylai's
zhonya's

rarely does a game make it to zhonya's.

So what am I doing wrong here, I seem to do well with my champ, is it all the team? I have had some pretty bad teammates, and my scores are usually good, but I don't have this problem on jax / annie / shen.

Any ideas?

Gizamimi

05-19-2010

Try the utility tree. Go for CDR and AS instead of pure AP. Nashors Tooth is amazing on him. Merc Treads are almost always necessary, and I would recommend Exhaust and Cleanse for summoner spells. If you find you are still dying too quickly, build into a Frozen Mallet after Nashors. Otherwise go for a Starks if your team doesnt have one yet, or a Bloodrazor if they do. During teamfights, it's your job to disable as many people as possible, especially the other team's carry. Your damage is negligible, Kennen isnt a mage. On average though, I'll put out roughly 250k damage in a 35-45 minute game.

Gizamimi

05-19-2010

This is my exact mastery / rune build for Kennen, and typical (ideal) item build. You end up reaching 39.85% CDR and 2.406 AS while still boasting 2700 HP and a lot of utility for the team.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Kennen/a985a4d809c8b727eeeba01ef9d8d26b

Nave222

05-19-2010

i dont know how to explain, i use the offensive tree too

its more about getting his play style understood and mastered to a degree

i use ghost/ignite myself and start off with a dorans blade
i think your prob is not builds but getting the hang of the char

heres some strats for you

1.)use E then W then Q for the stun
2.)use E then W then R for the stun then Q to follow up as they run and rinse repeat 1
3.) try not to be in the front of battles because they will kill you first
4.) try not to initiate too much unless you KNOW you will escape with your team backing you up
5.) if you want to solo a guy and have your ulti and willing to use it try this
rush in with E go through him and hit R ( or E &R at same time given you have enough speed)
then W this will stun them. then you have ur Q for another mark to land on them and once the W
and E are back use them to stun again. ( by the time a 2nd stun happens they are almost dead or they are out of stun and you might be dead waiting on CDs)
6.) land a Q then follow up a W for extra dmg giving them 2 marks and then a E or a R would stun them depending on how ballsy u wanna be to try to kill or just harrass
7.) SPAM THAT Q, when ever you get a chance to Q try to hit them as much as possible but dont over do it so that u wont have one when you really need it

cant think of anymore of the top of my head

gl : D

Nave

Nave222

05-19-2010

Quote:
Gizamimi:
This is my exact mastery / rune build for Kennen, and typical (ideal) item build. You end up reaching 39.85% CDR and 2.406 AS while still boasting 2700 HP and a lot of utility for the team.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Kennen/a985a4d809c8b727eeeba01ef9d8d26b

how does this play outin games?

turn out well?? ive been trying to mold a build around AS with kennen rather than AP

@_@

Kikhan

05-20-2010

Might try getting a Health armour early it will help you survive just don't go fighting by yourself as your damage will be terrible. This mainly forces you to be a support stunner for someone else for the first half of the game. The bonus to doing this is it is great for going the snowball item way of things and by end game you are a force to be reckoned with.

Fruz

05-20-2010

I'm not playing kennen exactly as you do
Well when my team miss a carry and when I have taken Kennen I go Guinsoo, last whisper and whats suits better with the game ( madred's bloodrazor for example in some cases ).

But actually my favourite build is :

9/21/0

Runes :
97 HP
18 armor pen ( better for the early game, and because I have no more PI )
7% dodge
13 Magic Res

1) doran shield
2) boots ( mercury/tabi )
3) sunfire cloak
4) abyssal scepter
5) Aegis

I think that Kennen is more effective playedas a tank/support while he must be within the teamfight to have thebest use of his spells.

but I'm gonna try other builds, with Warmogs and other tankings items, because sunfire and abyssal are good items, but they cost some gold >_<.

Grindforit

05-20-2010

My setup is 9/21/0, with Magic pen reds, health per level yellow, Mres blue and I'm shooting for +32hp quints. I've got around 70 games won, 60 losses. My item build is:

Stinger
Boots
Rageblade
Rylai's

From there it's whatever I need in the game. Pure AP is not the way to go, Kennen is at his most powerful early on and you won't have much AP that early to support it. Most importantly, stay at range and practice. I've found that it takes a lot of games to truly get a feel for him

GeneralTsoa

05-20-2010

Tank Kennen....

I loled

Fruz

05-20-2010

Quote:
I loled
oh, I'm glad I made you lol !

But try it before saying that kind of thing, I think you should be surprised.