Runes for Rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Position

05-19-2010

I recently started playing Rammus and I enjoy him a lot. I wanted to know what runes would be best to use with him. I currently have flat hp quints, dodge seals, flat CDR glyphs, and armor pen marks. I want to be as best of a tank as possible.

TheSexyAlbexican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-19-2010

Flat HP quints are a must, of course. I prefer Magic Pen marks because most of his abilities are magic damage and the early game boost is nice, plus if the game is going my way I like to get an Archangel's staff. I also prefer HP/level on seals, due to Rammus receiving poor amounts of health throughout the game, while armor is easy to get. For glyphs I go straight MR to account for early game casters as I always start off with a Cloth Armor.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2010

Same rune set as above.

Why would Rammus need Archangel's staff though?

Redenbacher

05-20-2010

EDIT: RIP *Here lies a facepalm worthy response*

True Bandito

05-20-2010

Quote:
I could see it helping keep an entire team within range of Tremors.
Huh? Archangel's Staff has no such ability, and it is waste of mana since Rammus can't spam his skills enough to build up the mana and he does not need that much mana in the first place. Perhaps, you mean Rylai's Scepter?

Redenbacher

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
Huh? Archangel's Staff has no such ability, and it is waste of mana since Rammus can't spam his skills enough to build up the mana and he does not need that much mana in the first place. Perhaps, you mean Rylai's Scepter?
Ah, I confused the two... good catch

Then I agree with you on the Archangel's Staff, and would vouch for Rylai's Scepter instead!

TaigaStance

Recruiter

05-20-2010

Forget Rylai's. You don't have the ability spam to use it usefully, and 15% slow is actually not a huge difference.
Go Abyssal Scepter. It's defense and offense in a package.

Mpalm

05-20-2010

Don't get AP items.

Flat armor marks, Dodge Seals, MR/level glyphs and flat HP quints are very good for rammus.

fgfg

08-25-2012

ok