1+ hour game strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thraen

05-19-2010

I was just in a 70+ minute game wherein all the inhibitors of both teams got wiped.

As the game progressed, neither team was willing to send more than 2-4 champs out to attack at a time, because they both needed someone to defend against back door attacks.

Also, both teams got Baron a few times, but everybody was so decked out with max gear that the buff didn't matter much.

So, what's the best strategy in a late game stand off like that? One hour+ games happen so rarely that I haven't had much of a chance to develop a strategy for them.

I was trying to get my teammates to hide in the jungle and wait for one of their 2-3 attack groups to attack their way up a lane, and then rush into their base, ignoring inhibitors and going straight for the win.

Thoughts? Strategies?

On a side note, I realize that most games like this end with an ace, but that happened a few times and it didn't give enough of a push to end it. What I'm hoping for is a tactic that doesn't involve 5v5 slug fest and hoping that your team is the one that has survivors.

Pwnacus Maximus

05-19-2010

if both nexus turrets are down your only hope is someone with stealth or a teleport, like TF, Pantheon, Shen(to a lesser extent) shaco(to a lesser extent) twitch and evelynn. I think a hero with teleport could work too if they let the creeps get to the nexus.

Amaterasuomikami

05-19-2010

IMO your idea is the most effective
WARD the jungle wand wait for their group, gank them and bring superior numbers to their base

peyo

05-19-2010

ward the map as much as possible
try to gank a backdoorer
ace with 3/4v5

Rueon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
if both nexus turrets are down your only hope is someone with stealth or a teleport, like TF, Pantheon, Shen(to a lesser extent) shaco(to a lesser extent) twitch and evelynn. I think a hero with teleport could work too if they let the creeps get to the nexus.
When I was in this situation, I was skyfalling onto our nexus to stop it from being overrun.

The combo that ended the game was TF teleing in with Shen on top and kamakazi rushing the Nexus.

McRofls

05-19-2010

Defense til they overextend then take their base after most are dead.

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-19-2010

all 6 of you sell everything and get 5 phantom dancers + boots of swiftness. (this is assuming nobody has teleport or teleport abilities, which is 100% worst case scenario) Go through the jungle and get into their base and attack it with all you've got after killing whoever is guarding it (usually a physical dps guards, so phantom dancer spam is lol against them) and you WILL win.

I did this one game with an arranged group of friends and we took down the base in seconds, they only had 1 caster and physicals could barely do anything to us from dodge, and we all had max 2.5 attack speed. 3 of us lived, only one on the verge of death out of those 3.

If you have teleporting heroes, get them to stack damage, not attack speed, then tele in and blast it, it will slowly work it's way down, especially with 2 or more.
TF + Shen with black cleaver, infinity edge, madreds, black cleaver is lol

Sad Faced Panda

05-19-2010

Backdoor!

NJ Fury S

05-19-2010

Phone up Steven Segal for backup?

Al3xander

05-19-2010

They will try backdooring you and you will try backdooring them. Try letting 1 or 2 team-mates defend, and the other 3 or 4 wait in the jungle. As soon as the enemy team leaves their base (wards may be necessary on most important points on the map) go and BD their nexus. Since you guys are all fully geared, I do not think you will have troubles blowing it down fast.