Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riickets

05-19-2010

I'm currently working on a personal Nasus build and would like to inquire some fellow Nasus players to aid me in filling in some holes.

The build centers around Magic Penetration, Ability Power, Health and then Area of Effect. I have the Runes spec down, the masteries as well, I'm also fairly good at how to play in game the thing that I'm stumbling on is how best to equip him.

At first I was thinking to focus on items that increase AP and AoE, that could work, having a Nasus who when you get next to him will begin doing damage even without targeting a single champ. Then I started to second guess myself. Is Ability Power essential to play Nasus as a damage dealer? Only two of his spells use AP and it isn't much.

What do you guys think, if I'm playing an AoE damage dealing Nasus is AP necessary?

auteus

05-19-2010

I play nasus as my main character, AP nasus is not really viable, spirit fire's strength comes from the lowering of armor. And the ulti takes way too much AP to boost. I use an Armor Pen Build with some atk speed and dmg.

Eppa

05-19-2010

He has very bad ap ratios go for mpen if you want damage.

asfas

05-19-2010

sunfire capes + ulti = damage at least that's what i build

Sparro

05-19-2010

I always built him as a off tank.... Taking full advantage of his spirit fire with a starks to get attack speed and more armor reduce

Using warmorgs to complement his great farming (only if you did ok during the lane phase you should)

(if you dont do as well a ageis is very helpful)

Ninja tabi and a sheen

I usely work either a sword of the ocult in there if im getting kills or a decent amount of assasits

Or i just go for what ever damg item i might fancy at the time....

Tho i have also seen him played as a pure tank a pure SS hard hitting killer with a triforce

Among other things i believe nasus is one of the few chars that no matter how you build him hes helpful in his own way. His real power comes from his great farming and support. Learn to use them and watch as the enemy tanks cry from your uilt (witch with the new change to pen will make it even stronger as the hp stackers will become more common).

but this is me =/ >.> sunfire cape fails

DayInTheSun

05-19-2010

Nasus' damage stems mainly from his ult and siphoning strike. His AP ratios are absolutely god awful, if there's one thing you don't want to build Nasus, it's AP.

Sheen is a very good early game item for his damage output.

Hyfe

05-20-2010

No, AP is not necessary and should be avoided for more useful items ie. survivability and/or damage. If you have a hard-on for AOE damage just get a sunfire cape. Your AOE is more useful in team battles for the armor reduction than the damage. You've got the wrong idea about Nasus, but I hope you find the path.

Grist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

I have a very successful time with Nasus as a Tank using the Chalice, Mpen boots or Merc treads, Warmogs armor, soul shroud, Stinger, Starks and a Phage. No one will kill you ever and your ult will keep you alive in the team fight. I have single tanked entire matches to victory with all AP people on my team. Be sure to work your Siphoning Strike up every time you can last hit anything. You will be a force to be reckoned with. I use Red Mpen runes, yellow mana per 5, and blue cooldown per level. Masteries are mostly the defensive tree all the way to the top. There is nothing more satisfying that Siphoning Strike as a last hit on someone you are chasing. P.S. its awesome to see more Nasus players. He is very underestimated in my opinion. See you all in game!

CrushD

05-21-2010

I've actually given AP Nasus a try for fun, and it really isn't that bad.

Spirit Fire has a decent AP ratio, it hits 6 times with a 0.2 AP ratio, has a better overall AP ratio than Morgana's Soil due to more hits.

Amassing AP and using Lich Bane adds more bonus damage to Siphoning Strikes than a Trinity Force ever will, the bonus damage is physical so takes advantage of Spirit Fire's armor reduction.

AP increases the AOE damage effect of Fury of the Sands, which results in bigger physical damage bonuses from the "health drained into bonus damage" effect. However, unfortunately there is a cap on the AOE damage of 240, with traditional Nasus builds this is hardly an issue since you don't normally encounter over 4K HP opponents, but when going AP, you can encounter the damage cap (really wish Riot would change it so the damage cap only applies to monsters, just like how BloodRazor works).

Overall, I'd still say that conventional builds are better, but if they removed the AOE damage cap on Fury of the Sands, then AP could be quite potent, causing you to deal more magical damage from the AOE and more physical damage from the damage conversion along with it.

sser

05-21-2010

Sheen.
Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi if it's a heavy physical team.
Aegis of Legion; usually starting with the Ruby Crystal.
Then whatever items you judge to best suit the current game.

As far as items that's all you really need to know, IMO. Starting item can be of your choice, but I really like the Doran's Shield.