Some Twisted Fate tips, please ;)?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterz

05-19-2010

o.O lolwut? Versus what? Getting SotD instead? In terms of damage out, the two are virtually identical... You're not supposed to worry about HP and resistances. You're squishy. That's the nature of the ranged carry. Sit back and gank when the opportunity presents itself.

Queue

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
How am I meant to survive with Last Whisper, farm up a 1850 fury and SotD without dying? Doesn't that give me like, 0 hp/armor/magic resistance?

Runes/masteries? Starting with Doran's Blade, and a 9/21/0 build with HP quints nets you 743 base HP at lvl 1, or 683 if you sit with 21/9/0.

That's a fair bit of HP to start with, particularly if you end up solo or laned against a DPS that doesn't take a doran's item from the start, and has around 400HP. It's an uphill battle for them, and not hard to end up with first blood. Your range and stuns will go a long way to harrassing the enemy, and keeping you alive. Typically, the other carries you face will be building damage as you build damage, keeping your HP advantage intact, though it becomes less and less of a buffer as levels go up.

I run flat HP quints, and Dodge yellows with nimbleness; those alone make a pretty big difference. Should their team have alot of physical damage dealers, Starting with a Doran's Shield and Going to Ninja Tabi will put you in the same survivability bracket as their tanks early game, but with alot more damage. It's not that hard to farm up the 3-4k for a LW/SotD and a Pickaxe/BF Sword at that point assuming you can last hit and know when to gank.

Theorycrafter

05-19-2010

Okay, it might sound utterly newbish as a question, but WHEN to gank? I seem to have little experience with squishy characters who take some time until they develop into glass cannons and it seems this is the factor I've been missing and is the source of the problem.

Bitterz

05-19-2010

As soon as you hit 6, never let your ult come off CD. Every time its up, go somewhere and kill something.

Theorycrafter

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
As soon as you hit 6, never let your ult come off CD. Every time its up, go somewhere and kill something.
That's a bit overkill. When to gank, as in how to gank efficiently, not when to use the skill

Dante Septem

05-19-2010

I have been doing well with TF, but yesterday I faced a really problematic opponent: Zilean at mid.
He just timebomb'd my hp from full to 100. I managed to get to lvl 6 without getting killed, but I wasn't able to farm gold because of those ****ing timebombs. I had doran's shield and a pot.
I ended up switching lanes with our zilean, who was in another lane.

tl;dr solomid vs zilean, what do?

Vidal

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
Gah, all these TF's running around with pure attack speed are doing it wrong. Listen. Between Stacked Deck, Last Whisper, and MAYBE, if you choose to go that route, Berserker Greaves, you don't need to stack any more attack speed. Get some damage! The difference between 1.7 attack speed and 2.5 is much, much less significant than the difference between critting for 300-400 and 700-800.

Build TF like a melee carry:
1. Greaves (unless you're not down with AS shoes)
2. Last Whisper (armor pen is king for physical dps)
3. Bloodthirster OR Infinity Edge. I prefer BT

Sword of the Divine is an awesome, SITUATIONAL item. You get it for the active 6 seconds of dodge immunity.

Let's look at it like this:

Sword of the Divine: 100 extra damage every 4th attack. Last Whisper: 20 extra damage (not counting Armor Pen!) EVERY attack.

Sword of the Divine: 100 extra damage every 4th attack. Bloodthirster: 60-100 extra damage (not counting life steal!) EVERY attack

Sword of the Divine: 100 extra damage every 4th attack. Infinity Edge: 80 extra damage (not counting extra crit damage!) EVERY attack

I promise. Try it. You will not be disappointed.
you fail to mention the 55% attackspeed bonus of sword of divine and the gold costs of the items yes, infinity edge gives an extra 80 damage but it costs twice as much and gives no attackspeed.

Trinity force is bad on twisted fate why? first of all no one uses it for the stats realy 25 ap, 10 damage, 10% atackspeed and crit??

It is used for the passive but lets look at it,

Slow is nice, movespeed almost usless, and the proc which scales off DAMAGE if your goal is ATTACKSPEED you lack damage so let us say you have 150 damage on tf with triforce thats an insane extra 175 damage every time you use an ability :O. So worth it for the most expensive item in the game...

Theorycrafter

05-19-2010

I tried Boots of Swiftness -> SotD -> Madred's Bloodrazor -> Infinity Edge -> bf sword(wanted to make the bloodthirster) and if it wasn't for the fact that I keep forgetting to use SotD's active, I did 11/7 and I finally got my first Twisted fate win after 4 or 5 losses. Yay :P

Btw I didn't have Flash as a summoner spell yet due to level, which might have affected my playstyle as well. My personal opinion about this hero is that his blue card and passive are relatively useless.

Anyone has any feedback, possible alterations to this item build?

Queue

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Septem View Post

tl;dr solomid vs zilean, what do?
Get some HP early game, and grow a pair. Most Zilean I've ran into tend to pick up an AP item for bomb damage; which means they don't have much for HP. A large majority of them also expect you to both run away from them to avoid bombs, and then run away like a girl ONCE they get the timer on you.

With Zilean, once you have the debuff, you're taking the damage. Might as well do something constructive with the time instead of panic. He's only really dangerous when he starts getting chain bombs, and even then, if you aren't dead when after he double bombs you, he's out of tricks damage wise. He can either pop movespeed and run, or waste his ult.

My success v Zilean solomid is just to not be afraid. You'll take a bomb or two, but you should have a stun, more damage, and more HP on your side. Starting game: if he's running to you to bomb, run at him and yellow/red card and get in a few auto attacks. He has to come within card range to bomb you; make sure you let him know he better be **** sure he'll come out alive when he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post

Anyone has any feedback, possible alterations to this item build?
If you find you need a little HP, grab a Frozen Hammer at some point, other than that, it's a good build.

His passive is also pretty decent, considering it's free gold for the entire team. Helps people who can farm immensely, and gives those who can't a little extra gold otherwise.

Blue card is great for harassing, last hitting creeps and dropping towers; does great damage, and is essentially free to use due to the mana restore.

kokonoerin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2010

In my experience with twisted fate you say attack speed, then damage. I go vamp specter to stay alive, dorans blade if i'm expecting a hard mid.
go into greves and malady (still thinking about that one, but it has worked well for me so far) go for a SotD, its cheap and gives nice dmg + atk speed + proc. Many chars are going 9 def and stacking yellow dodge making it a wise investment in almost every game. Then go into a black clever. Fixes the armor pen and the damage problem in one item. Usually a madreds in nice at this point, maby rush it if they have many many bulky characters. You can finish it with a BT or get it before the bloodrazor if they have no bulk. At this point malady looses its luster as your build is full so sell it for a phantom dancer or something. You can throw in mallet if you are getting shreded. Remember that when replacing your malady to get back the attack speed you lose.

Thats my build and i think it holds well. I'm down for critisism and by no means claim to have the most optimal build possible