Shaco 2shiv

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Newar

08-29-2011

This is a well known bug;
2shiv active ability doesn't land if they run into the brush while the projectile is heading toward them. I've seen this bug reported and Riot I'm sure has it on their list of bugs, I'd like to add a theory as to why the bug exists which might help fix this issue faster for the bug cleanup crew at Riot.

Theory to 2shiv bug:
2shiv normally is a passive slow which procs during melee hits. When using the active ability it treats it like a melee hit still and if they are in brush or flash into fog of war, they won't receive damage or the slow. Just change the active to be treated like a spell instead and it will land as it should and will no longer pop the projectile.

I think of this like how Annie's Q ability does not pop just because they run into a brush. Shaco 2shiv is quite unique in that it passively functions as a proc on hit effect but also can be used as a ranged spell with a slow effect.

I enjoy playing Shaco and hope this bug is a quick and easy fix. Thanks.

RiotVeonneth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Production Assistant

08-29-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for reporting this :-D

We've got a lot of Shaco fixes coming out soon. I'll make sure that this gets in.

Newar

08-29-2011

I look forward to it, thanks! :-)

Fast response!

schuss

08-29-2011

This happens with pretty much any projectile, as well as mao's root, singeds flip and yi alpha strike. If you try to do it and are mid-travel, you just stop and can't do anything for a second or two. It sucks.

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

There's actually a lot of abilities that can get canceled in the same manner, really any ability that's a targeted ability that has an animation to it (Not instant cast). I believe it has to do with losing line of sight before the actual damge/projectile/etc is created or done. So for example Shaco, if you're mid animation before the shiv projectile is actually created and thrown and the target breaks line of site the shiv will usually never actually get thrown.

I've seen the same thing happen with Cho'gath's feast and Garen's Demacian Justice as well so it's not a bug that's specific to Shaco but more of a global bug with targeted abilities.

~Argent

xerav

08-29-2011

How about let shaco clone work with sunfire cap again... its now unique so it shouldnt be such a problem...

Kefkacorn

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post

We've got a lot of Shaco fixes coming out soon. I'll make sure that this gets in.
tyvm

Dezzx

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post

So you respond to this, but not to the fact that people are getting banned over a bug that won't let the games start? Cool. Thanks.