[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
I loathe early avarice blades. It gives you flat crit. The gold is completely non-consequential. At 750g, an Avarice Blade won't pay for itself until 25 minutes later. Most games should be over before the 30 minute mark.

The only time I ever pick up Avarice Blades is when I'm building my Ghostblade... That means After LW, IE, and boots.

Don't get me wrong... I've tried early avarice blades... I just don't feel like they give you the same kind of return that you get out of things that are itemized purely for DPS.
wouldn't it be ok to get 1 early to just upgrade it later into Ghostblade? :P

Redenbacher

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
Without the runes you'd really need to reconsider how you do your equipment. My runepage gives me 15% crit (so I start with an even 20) and 12 armor pen.

Without that, you're looking at a paltry 5% crit from the start, meaning those Avarice Blades that I ranted about might start becoming pretty appealing.

That said, you can certainly get away with non-crit seals and glyphs, just make sure you get the roughly 10% crit from marks.

As far as crit runes go, though, when I'm not playing Tryn I'm usually rock'n Twisted Fate, who also benefits greatly from +crit %. If you play him too, then that investment might actually be worth making.
Well I don't play TF, but I do play Mordekaiser and Pantheon often. I have a page set up for Mordekaiser, but magic pen won't work well with Trynd . So, with 4% from the offensive Mastery, combined with roughly what? 6 or 7% from runes it'll put me at 10-11%. If I toss in a Crit Quint at some point, that should be a healthy 14% ish.

That's an easy swap from the Pantheon tree if I'm feeling... Tryndy Also, if they add more rune pages, it'll be even easier.

Bitterz

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
wouldn't it be ok to get 1 early to just upgrade it later into Ghostblade? :P
lol... Let go of this preconceived obligation to buy Avarice Blades. Yes, it builds into Ghostblade, but go look at the screenshot posted at the bottom of my guide. Half of those games ended before I could build that far.

All you're doing by picking up Avarice Blades is slowing the rate at which Tryn reaches critical mass.

@ Redenbacher:

That sounds like a fine Tryn setup. Depending on how the armor pen changes effect the current metagame, I may be dropping those quints for more +crit% too...

Bitterz

05-19-2010

Shameless double post/bump. Tryn's a beast, people!

Also, edits:
20 minutes for Shoes, LW, and IE is really fast. 25 minutes is more realistic. Made some changes to reflect that.

ironstove

05-19-2010

Nice guide. I don't agree with the GA because defensive items are a big no no for me. Haven't tried ghostblade, sounds very nice, but I am not sure which item I would want to switch it out for.

flip1

05-19-2010

posting that screenshot looks bad without the picture of your tryn record- or record in general.. posting it to validate your guide is pointless without those other two, and it makes you look bad.. ive played many games as champs and had amazing games to take screenshots of (though i dont...) show me 15-20 in a row and ill be impressed

oh and 2 avarice blades arent so bad in some cases, btw.. you cant just say its not good, because anyone with half a brain can tell when a game is going to be drawn out, and they can be considered a great purchase for a 45 minute game. you may have 4 items, he'll have 6..

dont get me wrong your guide is good.. throw a skill build in there.. more detail on how you play couldn't be bad either
oh, and organize it cuz it's rather messy :P

<$0.02

JediJemar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

crit dmg on tyr + IE= GG

wanderingsniper

05-20-2010

So would you say, out of all the champs Tyr is very heavily relied upon the Rune pages? Like if you did not HAVE the crit chance would you be able to play him as you do?

peyo

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingsniper View Post
So would you say, out of all the champs Tyr is very heavily relied upon the Rune pages? Like if you did not HAVE the crit chance would you be able to play him as you do?
not really.
I've just tried that build and it worked nice. But it'd not be as good if you didn't have runes. Why? The answer is an early Last Whisper. It doesn't give any crit chance and Trynd is build all-around crits, but it gives a nice damage boost. With runes you should have around 20% crit and that worked fine. But without these, you'll have really hard time.

Nethervoid

05-20-2010

Your guide is good. Trynd however is not at high ELO.

12345612 ... 16