[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonegnasher

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
Farming, relatively uninterrupted for 25 minutes, with zero deaths will always yield enough gold for your three core items.
Your three items cost 6965 gold. Even when you knock that down to 4965 (the amount you'll earn over time), that's still a lot of gold for any non-solo champ to farm in 25 minutes. Let's say you're having a good game and you get another 2000 gold from a couple lucky kills/assists, towers, dragon etc. That leaves you with 2965 to make up from creep kills alone. That's over 130 creep kills, or, in other words, 50% of all that creeps that spawn in that period of time. Remember, you're in a side lane, with a lane mate that's trying to farm as well, and you've had an exceptional game.

TL;DR- Possible? Yes. Likely? Not at all.

ThreeLittleBirds

06-13-2010

K, im gonna explain it again.

Trynd no.1 Merc, Phantom, IE, LW, Ghostblade, SotD

Trynd no.2 Merc, Phantom, IE, LW, Ghostblade, Guardian Angle

Trynd no.2 is gonna win once every 5 mins, rest of the time trynd no.1 will win.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post

Trynd no.2 is gonna win once every 5 mins, rest of the time trynd no.1 will win.
Not necessarily, GA also gives you armor. And why are you 1v1ing a Trynd in general? There too much RNG in that match to make a decision like that.

ThreeLittleBirds

06-13-2010

Armor < armor penetration

i 1v1 trynds all the time, its something you have to be able to do. Its a must.

Bitterz

06-13-2010

Quote:

lol...

Ok. I concede.

You build your Tryn to counter me. I'll build my Tryn to best handle the other 50 champs in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegnasher
TL;DR- Possible? Yes. Likely? Not at all.
Nitpick me all you want. Between creeps, assists, towers, the jungle, dragon kills, and MAYBE even a champ kill, a smart Tryn will have his three core items done in 25 minutes 9 times out of 10.

But for your sake, I will concede that occasionally it might take an extra 2-3 minutes to finish your IE.

Samenko

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post

Nitpick me all you want. Between creeps, assists, towers, the jungle, dragon kills, and MAYBE even a champ kill, a smart Tryn will have his three core items done in 25 minutes 9 times out of 10.

But for your sake, I will concede that occasionally it might take an extra 2-3 minutes to finish your IE.
Truth... with the speed at which trist rolls through the jungle, this really is an achievable feat. when you've escaped an early skirmish with 150 hp, dont blue pill, head to the jungle - i often outcreep solo lanes just because people have no concept of farming in this game - it was stressed much more in dota. People wait for 2 minutes at a time in a bush for a gank that might not even be successful, when they could be spending every second making gold. Waste not, want not.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

Quote:
Armor < armor penetration

i 1v1 trynds all the time, its something you have to be able to do. Its a must.
Why do you even build SotD as part of your normal build? It's pretty lackluster. Bloothirster or Stark's would of been better.

OatmealCookie

06-14-2010

Just used this build, recently bought Trynd. I wasn't convinced because most of the builds I had seen focused HEAVILY on crit. All I had was a pretty standard ArPen Rune page, no +crit chance at all. I wasn't expecting to do well at all.

It still worked wonders. I fed pretty hard at the start, going 0-4, remember I'm new to the character. I ended the game at like 12-6-15 though. Was plenty of fun.

That's what got me about trynd, not that he's good, but that he's so much **** fun. Guess I have to work on my laning phase a bit, but Trynd absolutely mows through the jungle. When I hit 6 I would just go jungle while my lane was pushed, ganked top lane, jungle, pushed bottom again, jungle, gank mid, etc..

By the time I got IE, I was unstoppable. It was ridiculous.

The only problem I had versus the other build I tried, was that I felt kinda slow. I'm not sure if the answer is to change up my boots, or maybe grab some zeals instead of LW. I really like the ArPen on LW though. Hm.

Thanks for the great guide.

Bitterz

06-15-2010

Its my understanding that recently the armor penetration priorities have been reworked so that flat armor penetration (like what you get from runes) is now calculated before percentage penetration (like you get from Last Whisper).

What does this mean for us?

Things like Brutalizer, Armor Pen Quints, etc. will actually lessen the effectiveness of Last Whisper. This doesn't make Last Whisper bad. But it does mean you should change those armor pen runes to crit percent.

Also...

For people who truly feel like Boots, LW, IE in 25 minutes is too unattainable, consider change'n the build up slightly to be more low-economy friendly.

Try building this:

Level 1: Boots, 3 pots
1st: Infinity Edge (in any order. I like cloak/BF sword first)
2nd: Zeal
3rd: Upgrade Boots

You lose some attack speed, and armor pen, but many games don't really call for substantial amounts of armor pen until a bit later.

Going this route should have your core items done within the game's first twenty minutes.

Matrilaris

06-15-2010

about runes, i often hear from other guides not get critc chance but crit dam, so i might replace those and try out trynd again ty for great guide.