So how's Gragas?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epic Dancing Guy

05-05-2011

'Cause you know I'm so ****ing hipster, I use champs that are rarely seen. Gragas is #1 in my list of champs I don't see often.
How is he? Previous nerfs made him useless? Even so, AP, Tank, AD? What do? How people build that drunken fatass? Role? Tips and tricks? Links to guides?

ANYTHING?!

Epic Dancing Guy

05-05-2011

Bump.

HowDoIMacro

05-05-2011

hes great to have on any team. very versatile. can be built many ways, but i think tanky/ap is best ( tank b4 ap) his w is an amazing skill that makes him a semi tank even without items. buy bveil and spirit visage and ull be pretty **** tough. slap on a roa and/or crystal septer and your scary.

he can also jungle but imo hes better in a lane.

tabi or treads for boots if ur more tanky
sorc boots if ur more ap

my runes are basic tanky runes but work for me

flat armor red(sometimes mp)
hp/lvl yellow
mr/lvl blue

proper placed ults can win teamfights/ save lives

Epic Dancing Guy

05-05-2011

Alright thanks.

I don't always play mages, but when I do

I prefer them tanky.

Amaterasuomikami

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post
hes great to have on any team. very versatile. can be built many ways, but i think tanky/ap is best ( tank b4 ap) his w is an amazing skill that makes him a semi tank even without items. buy bveil and spirit visage and ull be pretty **** tough. slap on a roa and/or crystal septer and your scary.

he can also jungle but imo hes better in a lane.

tabi or treads for boots if ur more tanky
sorc boots if ur more ap

my runes are basic tanky runes but work for me

flat armor red(sometimes mp)
hp/lvl yellow
mr/lvl blue

proper placed ults can win teamfights/ save lives
Id have to disagree on the SV, and the BV should be saved until a bit later unless your facing heavy early burst.

Hes a tanky mage, as you said however.

IMO his core is; RoA, Deathcap, Zhonyas, Banshee, Void Staff

Other items to consider; Rylais if you need the slow

Starting with a Dorans Ring is very good for him, it gives him everything he needs in a lane and with my rune setup nets him 39 AP at level 1

Runes:
MPEN Reds,
Magic Regen Yellows,
AP Blues,
AP Quints

What does Gragas excell at? Hes very adept at taking the squishies out of the fight, using his Q and E.

Hes excellent at disruption initiations, second to only Janna as well as being the bane of AoE ultimates.

Endgame he becomes a beefy disrupter and debuffer, doing rather good damage to the right targets. His Q will debuff attack speed, his E slows, his W gives him damage reduction, and his R as i said before is one of the best disruption spells in the game