Master Yi Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdrenalineXX

08-28-2011

Hi guys, I've been curious as to what a good build for Master Yi would be so that I could use Highlander over and over without running out of mana. Because with this build I could use all of my skills practically only once at level 18 in a gank fest:

-Berserker Grieves
-Phantom Dancer
-Bloodthirster
-Infinity Edge
-Youmuu's Ghostblade
-(Another IE, PD or Bloodthirster)

Anyone know a good build? Maybe Matamume?

Taluvill

08-28-2011

What you want is to stack your damage. You can get your damage high really fast in combination with activating your E. Your R should give you more than enough attack speed if you build enough damage throughout the game, until the end of the game.

Ğaft Funk

08-28-2011

wriggles
yomuu
atmogs
gg

xxsuzukixx

08-30-2011

infinity edge, 2 phantom dancers, bloodthirster, frozenmallet, ghostblade/tiamat

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

dunno if it works but i saw a master yi who went pretty well stack
2 blood thirsters
a ghost blade
a zerker boots
and 2 phantom dancers he rushed the ghost blade first then started working on a dancer and a blood thirster it actually worked somehow.

Gnathat

08-31-2011

I typically always start out of the game with a Dorans ring. If in a solo lane, two dorans are necessary for spamming alpha strike for superfarm, but even in duo lane, the mana regen is HUGE. plus the ap goes great with meditate, the health is nice, its a great starting item. Mana is the main issue why i dont jungle Yi, because he needs mana regen or blue buff, and mana regen doesn't work into jungle build, and mid-end game, casters need the blue buff more.

MattM3ister

08-31-2011

I'm quite good with Yi and i go:
long sword (+hp pot) > greaves > brutalizer > vamp scepter > zeal > ghostblade > phantom dancer > IE > starks > *survivability item* usually warmogs or veil.

NoMonku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

If you're building an AD yi, you will have mana problems if you want to be able to cast everything over a longer period of time. You'll basically burn all your mana on 3-4 alpha's so there isn't much you can do. If you go AP yi, you'll have it easier mana wise since some AP items have mana regen, but thats it. Get blue if you can and just learn to not use spells unless you're attacking an important target (ie. Baron, Dragon, Red/Blue Buff, Champions).

For you build, I'm assuming you're laning, so I've heard from people that stacking Doran's Rings helps even IF you plan to build AD because it gives you the mana you need to spam alpha and sustainability through meditate. When I play Yi, I jungle. I go cloth armor 5x hp pots and will end up with items Wriggles, Merc Treads, and Ghostblade. Then I'll finish with FoN, Atmas, and Warmogs.

Oh and manamune would solve the mana problems you have, BUT its a wasted slot because your current yi build has 0 survivability that one stun and you're dead from burst.