Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Killing Morde.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

05-18-2010

Is there some way to, save for killing all his allies and then focusing on him? I can't figure out anything.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

05-18-2010

stuns/disables
chain stuns
if he cleanses one, hit him with another
and make it so he can't even get his shield in the 1st place...
i love silence so much

DreamyDays

05-18-2010

Hit him before he starts pumping his shield.
Better yet, try to fight where there are no creeps/minions around.

Also, do not take potshots at him.
Either ignore him altogether, or focus fire and burst him down.

Mordekaiser relies on his abilities a lot, so getting MR will help a lot.
His shield refills in propotion to the damage he does to you with skill, so getting MR lowers his survivability too.

Lawful

05-18-2010

Just duo him with a combo of CC champions like fiddles and crank or whatever else that has stuns/dissables, he isn't a proper tank so it doesn't take too much effort to shut him down.

Banff

05-20-2010

So to sum up off all of the PROTIPS he's been given:

1. Gank the balls out of him
2. Repeatedly CC him

Are those strategies at all? To outnumber or remove control of a champions person would kill anything ..... Such revelation!

05-20-2010

You can usually mow him down pretty good with a madrids. Our TF could solo drop down on him last night and annihilate him w/ maladay/madrids/phantom dancer. It was pretty funny.

turtlejay

Recruiter

05-20-2010

Did you ignore the MR suggestion on purpose? His abilities recharge based on damage done, and they cost him HP to use. If you make him do less damage, not only will you survive longer, but he will need to spam more often to keep his shield at all useful.

Jay

Redenbacher

05-20-2010

When playing Morde, I don't stack HP, but mostly MR and Armor, so Madred's won't have a very profound effect. What does work, is when my enemy is spread out, and making an active attempt to keep me AWAY from the squishies. Also, keeping the fight away from creeps.

The problem I see many teams make is all of their melee packs up in a group, and their ranged right behind them. I pop Creeping Death, and hit them all with a Siphon, followed by Mace, and my shield is kept packed out. I take out the squishiest one and his clone takes out the next one.

The teams that kill me keep me away from the squishies, fight outside of the creep waves, and keep me slowed. Also, the MR tip is a great tip. Keeping Morde from getting his shield is a pretty tough gimp to his survivability.

Vize

05-20-2010

Quote:
Banff:
So to sum up off all of the PROTIPS he's been given:

1. Gank the balls out of him
2. Repeatedly CC him

Are those strategies at all? To outnumber or remove control of a champions person would kill anything ..... Such revelation!

lol QFT

zoau

05-20-2010

shield is key to his tankiness, listen to redenbacher. in lane you can often time your attacks to hit him before he hits incoming minions becausehe will try to just get the siphon on the ranged back row too so he has to extend right into your melee line. also while getting mr make it a sahs and clenase his ult, makes him more ignorable