Brand Seals: Flat Mana Regen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farmville

08-28-2011

So my most recently purchased champ is Brand. I really like him a lot. One question though: Are flat mana regen seals worth it on him? Or are there significantly better options?

Currently I think I have scaling mana regen runes, but I'm looking more at the early game since Brand doesn't really struggle with mana mid-late game. Theoretically he's getting blue then anyway.

If it makes a difference, I always start w/ boots and 3hp pots, then I normally buy 2-3 doran's unless I'm doing god mode and can rush needlessly large rod

tl;dr - flat mana regen seals on brand? y/n? If no, what's a better option?

N0vaFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

flat mana regen seals are worth it on almost anyone with mana. Sometimes other seals are better, but the mana regen always help enough to justify buying them. But yeah, I think those are the best option for brand.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Flat mana regen seals don't compare to scaling mana regen seals - the scaling ones catch up to the flat ones by level 6 (if I remember right). I enjoy playing Brand too, and I don't feel like I'm struggling with mana early - a few good Conflag+Pillar is enough to give you lane dominance, and from there, you don't really need to spam that much. I build exactly the same as you too (starting boots + 3pots), so maybe just try to manage your mana better? Don't forget the mana regen mastery in the Utility tree.

NinpoMania

08-28-2011

Flat MP5 are beat out at lvl 4 by the Mp5 / Level, usually right when your mana is starting to run low (if u dont spam spells ofc). Really seals are kinda a wash anyways with mages but mp5 / levels are what I run. I start Doran's into Cata against most mages or boots, 2 hp, 1 mana pots against a short ranged burst mage like Annie.

Farmville

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerb0y View Post
Flat mana regen seals don't compare to scaling mana regen seals - the scaling ones catch up to the flat ones by level 6 (if I remember right). I enjoy playing Brand too, and I don't feel like I'm struggling with mana early - a few good Conflag+Pillar is enough to give you lane dominance, and from there, you don't really need to spam that much. I build exactly the same as you too (starting boots + 3pots), so maybe just try to manage your mana better? Don't forget the mana regen mastery in the Utility tree.
I actually don't necessarily struggle with mana. But that's why I'm asking what else to use. Like I said, mid-late game I don't really see a reason why you'd run low on mana as Brand, unless you're in a very long poke war (plus Brand should get blue most of the time).

But having the ability to spam your skills a little more early game for extra farm/harass seems very useful to me, hence flat mana regen.

killerb0y

08-28-2011

If you want to spam more, by all means, go for it. On my end though, I find that the level of spam I can do at the moment is enough to either push them out of lane or if they're dumb enough to stay, get a kill. Spamming too much pushes the lane and gets me ganked. His attack animation is great for last hitting anyway - I only really spam to harass. Just my 2c.

Farmville

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerb0y View Post
If you want to spam more, by all means, go for it. On my end though, I find that the level of spam I can do at the moment is enough to either push them out of lane or if they're dumb enough to stay, get a kill. Spamming too much pushes the lane and gets me ganked. His attack animation is great for last hitting anyway - I only really spam to harass. Just my 2c.
This is true. I just feel the scaling MR runes are subpar, for reasons I already stated. Maybe flat armor runes, since his base armor is absolute **** and most the junglers who will try to gank are AD based, so maybe..

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Vienna

08-29-2011

use your skills judiciously, not impulsively.

use scaling ap.

Gozarian

08-29-2011

I'm glad I found this thread, I love Brand and being new, I don't have my runes worked out yet. From what I am hearing, everyone agrees mana regen except for the previous post. I would have thought magic pen maybe cooldown, but like I said I'm still new.

Farmville

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozarian View Post
I'm glad I found this thread, I love Brand and being new, I don't have my runes worked out yet. From what I am hearing, everyone agrees mana regen except for the previous post. I would have thought magic pen maybe cooldown, but like I said I'm still new.
-Magic pen for marks, that's pretty much non negotiable I'd say.
-Glyphs, I run Ap per level (mainly since I have all 9 already for Ori). Some may run flat AP, CDR, more magic pen.. really preference.
-Quints, flat AP, flat HP, or my all time favorite: MS. With all 3 MS quints (and MS masteries) I have 392 speed with just first boots. This helps a ton in lane against another casters. So easy to dodge skills, etc. Also since you'll be faster 99.9% of the time, you can E > Q > W combo EASY. They can't outrun you so getting E off on them is easy mode. I don't think any other Quints are as useful from early to late game as MS quints. They're OP... but dont tell anyone.

And then this thread is discussing Seals.. I'm using flat armor ATM to help against ganks mainly.