Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Queue dodge to save team + 1hour wait time.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InvisibleMonkey

08-28-2011

Why does the game not AUTO dodge when a champion is randomly selected for a player in Ranked who has been showing the Blue Triangle of Disconnect?
Instead I had to dodge to save the team, and the login wait is over an hour. so now I have to wait ANOTHER hour (since my first login was over an hour) just so that our team can be full and have a fair chance. But if they were AUTO-DODGED, this issue could have been avoided. If need be, take a poll of the other four players to see if that player is legitimately DC'd for the champion select. A simple majority should be enough to trigger a safety dodge. Otherwise, we lose ELO or 2 hours of time (which is all I had available to play during this evening, so that sucked).
If someone REALLY wants to random during ranked, make them press the RANDOM button. If it has to random for them, make it DODGE the queue, and rebuild (giving them another chance to connect, or booting them form the match to join the queue after a delay).
This isn't a black and white issue. There are probably many more alternatives that could be taken. A POLL of the other players as to whether the char should be booted and the game re-queued? That would take the issue of bad judgement out of the hands of the computer.
There must be PLENTY of solutions.
Please just don't make us spend 2 hours waiting to save ELO for 4 other random people n the web.

DocEeDd

08-28-2011

I agree with this many of us are trying to get our elo up and having "griefers" or just plain dc's related to problems with connection, hurricane, or just in real life drama ruining our game experience. I feel that in order to secure ranked games better you could make a ready check mark for players and if someone is with the blue triangle and they have not checked the box that the game should not start.

InvisibleMonkey

08-28-2011

Yes! A ready check is another good idea

Devious1

08-28-2011

A ready check, or a vote to go back into the queue and/or kick the player trying to grief from the pre-game lobby would be awesome.

Rawrful

08-28-2011

If the blue triangle doesn't go away it auto dodges them at 0 seconds. At least, it has done so for me.

InvisibleMonkey

08-29-2011

It dodges at 0?! That is an incredibly scary time to dodge! If it doesn't dodge, you're stuck with a gimp team. If you don't know it will dodge, you get no warning that a queue dodge will occur for that player until it's too late to leave safely. That is a scary risk to take!