Riot Games welcomes Matt Marcou as eSports Manager

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spartan Lord1

05-18-2010

Yes!!!!!!!
This is definitely good news. With Matt's skills LoL will be the best game ever.

Musta Krahkesh

05-18-2010

I bet he's OP. What's his passive?

Thrawn200

05-18-2010

Only blind pick games on an unstable platform that tends to go down at least once every weekend, should be fun tournaments!

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the Riot Games team. I can think of no better opportunity than to work with them in order to provide the absolute best competitive environment for YOU, the community.

To me, Leagues of Legends represents an amazing opportunity for building a strong competitive scene in not only in the present day, but for years to come. I am honored to have worked with talented players and gracious sponsors in the past in order to put together quality competitive events. I hope that I can continue to do that with the support of Riot Games and by working closely with anyone and everyone that loves eSports.

Reporting for duty.

Sincerely,
~Matt Marcou
~Riot Games, Inc
~Esports Manager
Can you tell us a little bit more about your job description, like providing an example of something that would fall under your umbrella of responsibility?

Also, Hohums started this epic thread called,"ask me a question." While it takes tons of time for him to answer it, in a couple weeks please start one! I bet their would be a lot of forumers attracted to learning about the esport community, and more specifically your visions and RIOTs vision

ChaosZeroX

05-18-2010

Hopefully this means Season 1 is closing in.

Mordiford

05-18-2010

As eSports Manager your job will probably require you to interact more with us, the community, than most other positions at Riot.

A good part of the active community is very polite and responsive and will be more than willing to provide you with critical feedback. I hope you're looking forward to working with US to help create a competitive environment as well.

Once Season 1 rolls around and League of Legends establishes more features geared to competitive play (draft mode, replays) you should look forward to seeing a huge growth the competitive player base for you to work with.

Congratulations and good luck, Matt.

Fayd

Adjudicator

05-18-2010

Welcome to the team Matt! Good to have you aboard. Go eSport Manager...ize... yeah. That.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Hey guys,

I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the Riot Games team. I can think of no better opportunity than to work with them in order to create the best competitive environment for YOU, the community.

Leagues of Legends represents an amazing opportunity for building a strong competitive scene in not only in the present day, but for years to come. I am honored to have worked with talented players and gracious sponsors in the past with the goal of organizing quality competitive events. I hope that I can continue to do that with the support of Riot Games and by working closely with anyone and everyone that loves eSports.

Reporting for duty.

Sincerely,
~Matt Marcou
~Riot Games, Inc
~Esports Manager
Hi Matt! As others have asked, I'm curious about what exactly your duties are going to entail at Riot. Any information or a quick summary you could provide us? Thanks!

Sol Aestuo

Recruiter

05-18-2010

I cant *kin wait, its Great News!

Syclla

05-18-2010

Its not checkmate xD
QxE6 XX