Bottom Morgana help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anzila

08-22-2011

Ended up duoing bottom; definitely not what I planned on going in, and not something I'm used to as Morg. Laning with Cait. I figured, I'm support, I'll let the carry farm. She did pretty good at getting all the kills and getting farmed up (also fed by giving Blitz easy grab targets), but I found myself in a position that the income of a Philo stone alone wasn't enough to let me buy much of use as Morg. No RoA (although getting them at 13 as a solo does kindof spoil me), only up to Glacial Shield/Catalyst really. I didn't get much in terms of assists because of the lack of partner kills, but I'm not sure that would have made much difference.
Any tips for duoing w/ a carry as Morg? Or should it just be avoided at all costs? I figured maxxing black shield and snare, with one rank in Soil just for fear factor. Same sort of defensive/cdr items as usual?

Cauldrath

08-22-2011

Morgana is pretty mediocre at farming before level 5 and the third level of Tormented Soil, unless you have some serious starting AP. When I duo lane I usually tell my lane partner to focus on last hitting while I focus on harassing until I hit level 5, then I start farming waves. Your carry should be way ahead in CS at this point, plus it's usually not possible to hit the whole wave with TS, so they'll still get some farm. Better yet, that's usually a good time for them to go gank mid, or at least when they reach level 6. Morgana really needs some farm to be effective in team fights, because she needs some way of surviving being close enough to shield front-line allies and ult enemies or she just winds up doing nothing but throwing TS out, hoping for random max-range DBs to hit, or covering an ally's retreat. I guess, alternatively, you could just let your carry farm everything until mid game, then go farm on your own at a pushed lane while your team fights without you, but that only works if your carry got enough gold during laning to count as 2 champs.

Gaius214

08-28-2011

Morgana is fine laning with anyone. I would suggest not worrying about feeding your lane buddy gold. However, since you asked about laning with what you call a carry I will focus on your question.

If you want to support them and give up the minion farming which Morgana rocks at, change your build to 1,2,1,3,1,4 (that is level up your Q skill to level 3 instead of your W skill). This will increase the early value of your skill shot and decrease dramatically the amount of gold you farm with your oil(I call tormented soil, oil since it looks like a bloody oil slick). I don't recommend this, as it minimizing your ability to farm and will put your item progression behind (and your need isn't any less than your teammates). Also, go for a Ry's scepter right off instead of any number of other choices as this item slows down the opfor and will aid your lane buddy in their ganking. So, make your first purchase a tome instead of anything else. Also take clarity and flash (Flash will give you a chance to either help a Coupe de Grace or back out of a bad attempt and clarity will, with the utilty masteries keep you and potentially your buddy going longer).

In my opinion the essence to be an effective Morgana is both patience and finesse. Sacrificing your innate value as a member of your team, to aid treammate's growth is less valuable than balanced mutual growth and effective play. Granted I only have about 400 games as Morgana so I am not by any means an expert. This game with few exceptions requires all 5 champs to play together and slowing one for another isn't the best avenue to success. Good luck and enjoy Morgana she's a fantastic champ and by far my personal favorite.

Kronicler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

just put tormented soil on the caster minions when the enemy walked into it while trying to last hit
that would usually deal at least 2 ticks during their attack animation or 1 tick if they choose to fall back
@lv6 you should be able to scare your enemy off by your ult, especially if you harrassed them to low
after a successful kill in bot lane you may run to other lanes to gank or cover for teammates
steal their jungle if you can
in the rest of the game you should be pretty much pushing towers and ganking