How's AD/DPS Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morinav

05-23-2010

He has a lot of trouble in melee, sadly. Not enough damage and no solid way to CC well at close range. Combined with his low movespeed, he has a hard time keeping people near him.

If you wish to play Taric, play him in a push/physical heavy team comp and build him as tanky-support. For most team comps, another support character will be a better pick.

PhillyPhernatic

08-02-2010

brawler's gloves -> avarice blade
boots -> berserker's boots
stark's *get the aura/lifesteal before the recurve bow*
brutalizer -> yomomu's
phantom dancer
black cleaver
infinity edge

skills are dazzle -> imbue -> shatter
after level 3 skill preference is radiance -> shatter -> dazzle -> imbue

Legator

09-06-2010

I tested a bit around and was surprised how good Taric can be. Check out my DPS guide I made for him:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...s-a-team.xhtml

HanzGruber

09-06-2010

DPS Taric is ok in long games, when he can farm like mad. But so is any other champion in those types of games. The reason aura platform Taric is so dominant is because all of the aura items make him extremely tanky, yet also lend that survivability to his teammates. Taric with merc treads, aegis, chalice, soul shroud, and starks brings:

42 armor-15 MR-53 AD-20% AS-20% life steal-15% CDR-12/5 mana regen-3a0/5 health regen and reduces enemy armor by 20 even without burning shatter.

All of this combined helps the team so much more than 250 or so dps.

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

Wouldn't Tiamat be good on him for the mana regen passive? I know Tiamat is overall less desireable but this gives him armor and AD plus his return on mana is dmg per-hit... Tiamat would multiply that to a degree.

HanzGruber

09-06-2010

It costs too much for the little effect it gives. Shatter is a very potent farming tool. Also, by the time you get chalice, you won't have mana issues again. If you're really that hard up for mana somehow, suppliment glacial shroud for starks and eventually frozen heart. But that path is extremely situational due to Taric's naturally high armor and the other team's composition.

reaver99

09-06-2010

I think Tiamat won't splash your mana return, it only splashes pure damage. Also Taric isn't really short on mana except for keeping up his ult, and his ult will destroy your mana no matter what.

I would build DPS Taric much the same as aura Taric. Aegis, Boots, Nashor's, Stark's. Nashor's and Starks is all the DPS you really need. And after that you probably want to build survivability, since you're a hell of a support but also in the front lines which makes you a perfect target.

Yellow Jester

09-06-2010

AP taric is so much better, and support taric is better than AP taric.

THE HAMBEAST

09-06-2010

If you have a tank/support already, go DPS taric.
Otherwise dont, but the build ive been using is
Meki Pendant->Fiendish Codex
Stinger
Basic boots->merc treads
Nashors tooth
Bilgewater Cutlass
Hextech Revolver->Gunblade
then build towards phantom dancer and bloodthirster

Pikeness

09-06-2010

NO reason to DPS as Taric, he just isn't built for it. I build him personally as AP, and grab CD Reduction items. Why? Spamming Heal and Shatter. Learning when to use dazzle is a HUGE Advantage. Personally I get Radiance last, sure its a great Ulti, but it starts to shine near end-game when your going in for the final push. You don't have the mana to utilize it most efficiently+healing...