How's AD/DPS Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aircross

05-18-2010

How effective is AD/DPS Taric?

I always go Aura build whenever I play Taric, but I know there are players who build him as AD/DPS due to his passive and ult.

Passive: Gives mana based on damage.
Q: Great self heal. Put a spirit visage on and you'll get 70% more healing, so 510 hp at level five with no AP. Cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds each time you hit something so attack speed definitely helps.
W: Nuke that reduces armor, thereby allowing Taric to do more damage. It also gives Taric extra armor.
E: Stun, allows Taric to catch up to his victim. Point blank Dazzles do a fair amount of damage.
R: Damage buff + Regeneration.

I'd also like to see your item builds too if you play AD/DPS Taric.

Nethervoid

05-18-2010

He's okay but he's not worth it when you can play a real dps character.

Keivan

05-18-2010

If you want to play DPS with a good sized health pool try Sion.

Metadigital

05-18-2010

Last Whisper is about the best thing you can put on Taric, dps or otherwise, for offensive mana regen. Other than that, it's typically not that great to go deep into dps with Taric (thought a Stinger is also a good choicce). You're better off staying in a sort of support role, maybe with some tanking capabilities... but pure dps is usually a waste.

iisoloii

05-18-2010

what about guinsoos rage blade?, i was thinking he would be decent if you went down the defencive tree and build him as a attack speed hybrid? was actualy going to buy him today but after reading this im not so sure.

Keivan

05-18-2010

I have Taric and played him a fair amount, but since they nerfed his ult I've found him much less playable than other champs.

peyo

05-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspros View Post
Last Whisper is about the best thing you can put on Taric, dps or otherwise, for offensive mana regen. Other than that, it's typically not that great to go deep into dps with Taric (thought a Stinger is also a good choicce). You're better off staying in a sort of support role, maybe with some tanking capabilities... but pure dps is usually a waste.
em... Last Whisper is % penetration, so it counts AFTER W's reduction... it ain't that good

Nashor's Tooth works very well, gives him everything he needs.
Stark's Fervor is good as well
Guinsoo's is ok

and after that I usually build towards some tanky items if I manage to...

Morinav

05-18-2010

Taric's not a very good melee champ, sadly. His damage output never gets to be that impressive, and he's extremely slow with poor chasing/initiating abilities (the single target stun is really wonky. You can initiate with it at range, but by the time you get there it's almost worn off. You can try to snag someone who's running with it, but once again you have to let them get a head start for it to be full duration.)

A solid melee build for him is Boots (tabi/merc's), Aegis, Stark's, Nashor's, Guinsoo's and Spirit Visage. Good luck getting enough gold for all that.

draydurmil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-18-2010

i go nashor tooth, berserker greeves, guinsoo, frozen mallet. games about over by then i usually dont stun i just rush break armor then stun runners. wack to death.

IceGiants2

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keivan View Post
I have Taric and played him a fair amount, but since they nerfed his ult I've found him much less playable than other champs.

Hmm, I have to disagree. If you have a support champ like taric and the other team doesn't you are at a huge advantage. At this point in time , support champs are amazing. They may nerf this in the future but right now Taric Wins Games.