Special Champion Skin for 100+ wins using that champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redeux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2011

There is already this feature. It's called buying a skin. If you have 100 wins with a champ then we'll say you have roughly 200 games played with them. Lets say an average game length of 40 minutes. That's still 133 hours spent playing that champion. Yeah, I'd say if you're playing a champion that much you can give up part of an hours wage for a skin if it means that much to you.

Rejuvination

08-23-2011

I understand why riot wouldn't be on board with this specific suggestion, but I'm not sure you understand what the OP is looking for.

He doesn't just want "good play" rewarded. He wants commitment rewarded - 100 wins with a champion means near 200 games played just with that champ. He also wants something exclusive, that other people can't just go to the store and buy without working for. I can understand those wants too.

Maybe a free (or super cheap) special summoner icon thing (like the rose, the mountain, etc) that a player could put on after 100 wins with said champion. That wouldn't take much work on your end, would fit the needs I just outlined, and would still make riot a bit of money if they were priced at like 50 rp for a 100 win summoner icon and 100 rp for a 250 win icon.

Jojosan

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPixels View Post
If you are concerned about less income from skins, why do you have so many skins that cant be purchased? (kittykat katarina, union jack+pumpkinhead fiddlesticks, the list goes on)
Easy question: while income is an important factor, it is not the only factor in play in matters of skins.

Yeoj13

08-24-2011

Like hats for champs, different weapons. both good ideas that will not take too long to make

Elias Songstorm

08-24-2011

I agree with the palette swap idea. Even a small add-on to each champion could work. Maybe give the 100 win skin a halo or something; it would be easy to add to every champion and is just enough to show that you have those epic 100 wins.

MisterPistachio

08-24-2011

I don't think they should be too frilly though, as to make them better than the other skins. I think they should just have some kind of something showing that they're an 'elite' version of their normal skin.

KazeNoKami

08-24-2011

This sounds like a great idea. How would the wins work though? I would assume all Normal and Ranked (Probly including TT and CS) but not custom or Co-op vs ai because those are... not quite as skillful for the most part. And what if you're just trollin' but their team sucks and you win anyway. That wouldn't happen for most people but I don't think I'd want that person to rewarded for lucking and having a good team.

b00gles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Maybe not a skin, but it would be awesome to have a summoner icon displaying your prowess with a certain champ, similar to how SC2 does it.