Special Champion Skin for 100+ wins using that champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rubeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
There are a couple issues here that I wanted to address:

* Well designed skins are a lot of work. These days, almost all of our skins require multiple concepts, have new models made, require rigging, and more. We've come a long way from skins of yore.

* Requiring a large number of wins with a champions would make less income because less people would be able to buy.

It sounds like what is wanted to some extent is a reward for being a good player and we are giving rewards based on ranked score for the end of season one. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1050815
Yes well we are still waiting for achievements and any rewards that may bring in the future (Other than your profile picture. :/ Unlock a forum avatar through them.. anniversary unlocks (Get King Rammus after 2 years playing! UFO Corki after 1!. Things like that)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kicku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPixels View Post
If you are concerned about less income from skins, why do you have so many skins that cant be purchased? (kittykat katarina, union jack+pumpkinhead fiddlesticks, the list goes on)
Basically the good skins..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cIedus

Senior Member

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakerot View Post
Well I think it's more along the lines of, this is my most accomplished Champion and a special skin would be like a badge of some sort for that champ.

This is what we mean. It doesn't have to be something super special, this a different color. I don't feel it most be new animation or anything super hard, just simple and different. Just something so when someone sees you playing Leblanc with an all black skin they know that you play her a lot. Nothing special, just noticeable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syphenstone

Senior Member

08-23-2011

Rewards to players ended back when Riot became a larger company. 50 RP Warwick Urf skin for April Fools, RP gifts for bad servers, all champion free weekends, 6300 IP was the rarest champion pricing.

When is that 6,300 Talon guy coming out again?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sittles

Senior Member

08-23-2011

How Bout we get a unique skin for winning a thousand games or more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChills

Senior Member

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
There are a couple issues here that I wanted to address:

* Well designed skins are a lot of work. These days, almost all of our skins require multiple concepts, have new models made, require rigging, and more. We've come a long way from skins of yore.

* Requiring a large number of wins with a champions would make less income because less people would be able to buy.

It sounds like what is wanted to some extent is a reward for being a good player and we are giving rewards based on ranked score for the end of season one. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1050815
Palette swaps should be cheap and would not require much concept art. Would be neat to unlock a palette swap for winning x games with a champ or hitting some kind of milestone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UsoRemix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
There are a couple issues here that I wanted to address:

* Well designed skins are a lot of work. These days, almost all of our skins require multiple concepts, have new models made, require rigging, and more. We've come a long way from skins of yore.

* Requiring a large number of wins with a champions would make less income because less people would be able to buy.

It sounds like what is wanted to some extent is a reward for being a good player and we are giving rewards based on ranked score for the end of season one. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1050815

I think you misunderstand what is wanted here. We want a way to go into solo q and say "I have this *skin* (or w/e else is come up with) and therefore have accomplished a lot as this particular champion." Being able to see the rankings from season one is *nice* but doesn't contribute to champ select. plus, this sort of reward system would entice people to stick to a champ and get REALLY good with them, instead of wandering around 30 or more different champs (I'm guilty of this).

Basically, we want some sort of way to see if you're really as good as you say you are with that particular champ, and not have to look at your profile to do it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMsyk

Senior Member

08-23-2011

A skin would be a bad idea for a few reasons, but I wouldn't mind unlocking a summoner icon from a champ that I've won many games from. Especially if that icon has the said skin.

Id walk arround with my Gentleman Cho'gath icon and call: Your argument doesn't have enough top hat to be relevant. GG.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redrach

Senior Member

08-23-2011

If the skin idea doesn't work, can we just get a label in-game or in the lobby that says "X wins with champ", where X = 25, 50, 75, 100 etc.?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2011

A simple pallette switch, if you hvae x wins AND x winning percentage in ranked (50 wins with a champ, and 60% win percentage?), purchasable for the price of a middling champ, would be great. I'd happily do so for 2 or 3 mains asap.