Special Champion Skin for 100+ wins using that champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graffiti36

08-20-2011

bump for support

Drrmd

08-20-2011

First of all, lets remind the suggestion: A skin that you would be allowed to >BUY<, after achieving 100 >WINS< with a champion.

Considering that a game takes mostly half an hour, i'd say it will take 50 hours (at minimum) to get the 100 wins. If we imagine that you started today with the hero, you will loose alot before you start winning. Lets suppose just for the sake of a practical logic exercise, that you will start loosing 2 games and winning one and end up winning two games and loosing one, in a way that if you imagine that curve, it would take 200 games, and 100 hours for the average player to achieve that. Considering you play 2 hours a day in the week and 5h a day in the weekends, as an average player, you would take 5 weeks to accomplish the task. However, this can be done in a single weekend by a "no lifer". Here goes my suggestion.

First of all, make different heroes require different amounts of wins. A good example would be the following: Ashe - 50 wins, Blitzcrank - 120 wins, Pantheon - 300 wins and so on. I know the values are quite random, but its just an example. That would make some heroes hard to achieve, so no-lifers could have a goal and average players could have a goal too. After all heroes have an earnable skin, you can add new skins to the heroes, so there is a 50 wins and a 100 wins skins to ashe, for an example.

Second, put the same riot points price on all of them, so that neither the average player or the no-lifer are favoured.

Third, Make them REALLY good-looking skins. A skin that fits in the character style, and looks awesome. Like brolaf, grungy nunu and gentleman cho'gath. The effort of making the skins should not be considered, since this would create an huge new income for the riot games, as it gives a whole new reason to buy skins. Their work is to work, we are going to pay, and they will have profit. I know i sound like a slavemaster, but the fact is that the designers will have more jobs, and they will be happy with it. The owners will have more money, and they will be happy with it. We will have an awesome new feature in the game and we will be really happy with it.

Fourth, and finally, create an achievement tab in the summoner profile. 1000 kills with hero X, 500 assists with hero Y and so on. Also "finish a game before 15 minutes", "finish the tutorial" and so on are good ideas. Achievements are the "Hype" on the gaming industry, you guys should really follow that trend, its really cool and the players feel rewarded.

DocOctoganopus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

Instead of a skin, what about something smaller? Like, an insignia on the skin..?

Overall, I think this is a GREAT idea.... 100 wins sounds high, but I only have 118 wins or something like that. Lol.

I think an achievement book is an AMAZING idea!

StarBubbles

08-21-2011

Should be a special limited skin. This would let everyone know how experienced you are :3.

PwnHead

Master Recruiter

08-22-2011

Do they even count the number of wins with specific champions. I only see that in ranked games

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

I know that they have the info, unless they downgraded their info tracking when they released Season 1. Way back when, we were able to see extensive stats on our top 3 played champs

Kimimaro49

08-22-2011

will bump this every day now, because i belive its a good way to encourage people to
1. Put effort into "Learning" to play a champ they like
2. Try diffrent champs more often.

Imo they should finaly get the "Achivment" page ready so that we can have something like this.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

08-23-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrmd View Post
First of all, lets remind the suggestion: A skin that you would be allowed to >BUY<, after achieving 100 >WINS< with a champion.
Make them REALLY good-looking skins. A skin that fits in the character style, and looks awesome. Like brolaf, grungy nunu and gentleman cho'gath. The effort of making the skins should not be considered, since this would create an huge new income for the riot games, as it gives a whole new reason to buy skins.
There are a couple issues here that I wanted to address:

* Well designed skins are a lot of work. These days, almost all of our skins require multiple concepts, have new models made, require rigging, and more. We've come a long way from skins of yore.

* Requiring a large number of wins with a champions would make less income because less people would be able to buy.

It sounds like what is wanted to some extent is a reward for being a good player and we are giving rewards based on ranked score for the end of season one. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1050815

Snakerot

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post

* Well designed skins are a lot of work. These days, almost all of our skins require multiple concepts, have new models made, require rigging, and more. We've come a long way from skins of yore.

* Requiring a large number of wins with a champions would make less income because less people would be able to buy.

It sounds like what is wanted to some extent is a reward for being a good player and we are giving rewards based on ranked score for the end of season one. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1050815
Well I think it's more along the lines of, this is my most accomplished Champion and a special skin would be like a badge of some sort for that champ.

BadPixels

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post

If you are concerned about less income from skins, why do you have so many skins that cant be purchased? (kittykat katarina, union jack+pumpkinhead fiddlesticks, the list goes on)