[GUIDE] Twisted Fate - The Gank 'n' Carry Master

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordMarshal

05-18-2010

Hello. I decided to write this TF guide, because I noticed that I carry the whole team almost in every game. First, I have to mention, that TF is my main, and I also started playing LoL with him. I am level 25, I am sure there are better item builds, but it works very fine. This guide should give some tactical advices for new TF players.

TF is very squishy, but he can stun, what gives you a huge advantage. He also can teleport and figure out the position of enemy champions. He is a great champion for carrying a team. When you have a good start, there is nothing which can stop you.

--------------------------------------------------------
SKILL DESCRIPTION

PASSIVE:
His passive grants TF and his teammates 2 extra gold for every minion kill. This makes it even more important to last-hit. TF is actually a good character to last-hit minions, because you do great damage with 3 stacks of stacked deck and a blue or red card.

WILD CARD:
Ignore this skill. This is an AD TF, not an AP one. Many players prefer to pick this skill first, however it costs much mana and can be dodged easily. It would be good for killing low hp chamions, which are sitting beyond a tower or are teleporting back.
I think it is more important to level up other abilities at the beginning, to make sure you can deal enough damage.

DRAW A CARD:
This is the skill which you should use as often as possible. You can pick three different cards, the rotation is Red - Gold - Blue. You can see the cards rotating above your head. Notice that your enemies can see this too.

Red: Next time you attack, you deal extra damage, and slow your enemy. This card has an AoE effect, it deals your attack damage to nearby enemies and slows them too. This card is good against crowds of minions, and also for harass the enemy champion at beginning. If you want a red card, press W when the Blue Card appears.

Gold: This card will become your best friend, and allow to kill all squishy champions in combination with you enemy. This card deals half the base damage of red and blue cards, and will stun your enemy. On first level for one second, on last level for full 2 seconds. This is an amazing skill, because the cooldown is very low, and so you can spam it in teamfights, unless you die. If you want a gold card, press W when the Red card appears.

Blue: The next attack will deal the same extra damage like the red card, but instead of slowing the enemy, it restores mana. However, it costs more mana then it restores, so it is like casting a 5 mana spell. Use this card, if you are low on mana against minions to last hit them. Also spam blue cards when you attack a tower. When you need a blue card, press W when the gold card appears.

At first it seems difficullty to pick the right card in time, but just get used to it. Soon you will be able to throw the right card at your enemy in time, without concentrating on picking it. Avoid button smash W, because when you run away from an enemy, a fast gold card can save your life, or even kill your chaser, when he is in turret range !

STACKED DECK:
This is a passive skill. It gives you permanently increased attack speed, and reduced cooldowns on your abilities. And every 4th attack will deal extra magic damage. This seems to be harmless, but you can create mini-nukes in combination with your Pick A Card skill.

DESTINY:
This is your ultimate. On first level it has 120 seconds cooldown, every invested point will reduce the cooldown and mana cost. On activation, the position of all enemy champions is revealed for 6 seconds. During that time you can teleport anywhere on the map. A very powerfull ultimate, because you are a permanentely threat for everyone.

ITEM BUILD

Buy boots and 3 heal potions, and make sure you can do solo mid. The boots are very important to make sure, you can do hits on your enemy. The 3 heal potions help you staying in lane untill you are level 6.

1. Next upgrade your boots to Berserkers Greaves.
2. Zeal
3. Last Whisper
4. Infinite Edge
5. Phantom Dancer
6. This is up to you. I would recommend Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster. When you carry the team, you can buy guardian angel too.

SKILL BUILD

There's an easy rule:

Destiny > Stacked Deck > Draw A Card > Wild Card

So you always have to pick the available skill on the right.

SPELLS

1. Exhaust
2. Ignite

Exhaust is a must have for you, when you want to gank successfully, and kill or get away from melee dps champions like Master Yi. With Ignite, you can get first blood easily. When your enemy is on 50 % health points, throw a gold card at him, then cast exhaust and ignite and shoot at him. Couldn't be easier.

Teleport is a no-go, because you have Destiny. Maybe you are good with Flash instead of Ignite, however I've never tried it.

RUNES AND MASTERIES

I don't have a really good rune setup yet. But i go for armor penetration with marks and quintessences. I use seals for additional armor, that allows me to harass easier. Glyphs give me reduced cooldown, so i can throw gold cards and use my ultimate more often.

Put around 23 points in the offense tree.

STRATEGY

Start harassing at level 1. Collect 3 stacks of Stacked Deck by attacking minions. Then attack the enemy champion. Don't make it obvious. If you run straight towards him, you won't get a hit. Get him from the side. When you are level 2, the fun begins. You always collect 3 stacks of Stacked Deck, and pick a card. When the enemy champion manages to get away, just throw your mini nuke on a low hp minion.
Don't kill too many enemy creeps, this will allow you to push the enemy champion out of the experience line or ambush him.
Don't be stingy with your heal potions, when you've lost more then 200 hp, consume one.

When you are level 6, the game becomes interesting. If you have enough health points left (aroung 50% or more), harass your enemy so he loses life. This will make it easier to kill him then. Teleport back immediately, the enemy shouldn't notice it. You should have enough money for Berserkers Greaves and maybe for Vampiric Scepter and Dagger.

Now pick gold card at your spawning pool, and activate Destiny. You have two options. If the enemy champion in the mid is playing aggressive and close to your turret, or even push it, then kill him. If not, you should get at least one kill by teleporting at top or bottom. Always remember you have to teleport BEHIND the enemy, so they can't get away easily.
When you see your teleporting animation, hammer the right mouse button on the enemy to make sure that you don't wast your gold card on a minion. Don't be afraid of teleporting in turret range, to kill an recalling enemy champion. This aggressive gameplay is risky, but absolutely worth it.

You should only recall, when your ultimate is ready. This make sure, you get maximul experience and gold. And always remember to recall and refill your health and mana bar, befor you use your ultimate. At this point I have to mention that you always should pick a gold card before you recall. This will save your ass or even get a kill, if the enemy is too greedy.

With level 9 or 10, you should grab the lizard elder buff. Also remember to kill jungling enemies by picking gold card, using ultimate, attacking him, and maybe use exhaust. This often allows you to kill an enemy and steal his lizard elder buff.

TF is also great for backdooring. Make sure that you manage to get away fast. Or you do it the other way, push a tower, and when the enemy engages, just use your ultimate to get back to your base or to another line.

You can contact me at bef@gmx.net, or in League of Legends ("LordMarshal").

LordMarshal

05-18-2010

Reserved.

Syncronite

05-18-2010

Lol. Malady.

Calcabrina

05-18-2010

ctrl + f "malady"
I was not disappointed!

Marokeas

05-18-2010

its not a HORRIBLE item, but starks fervour is much better if you want the lifesteal and attack speed. Only for an extra 500 or so gold too.

LordMarshal

05-20-2010

**Changed item build