Can we make a starter spell vamp item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa264

08-27-2011

I feel that since there is an early life-steal item for AD champions that there should be an item of similar quality for AP casters. The lifesteal on the AD champions early on gives them more lane sustainability while the AP casters are almost left in the dust.

Feel free to comment or leave an opinion below

Xnubs

08-27-2011

Think of a brand with life steal at start of game or malz : /. I mean its cool idea when you think well AD has it AP should have it to. Its just it does not really work that way for the balance would be kind of strange : /

Cool idea but i don't think so : (

BroMumbles

08-27-2011

Yeah, no. Casters don't have it because they're at a distance.

Espy Psyche

08-27-2011

So are Ashe, Sivir, Vayne, Caitlyn etc. and they benefit from Vampiric Scepter.

TB Wolf

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMumbles View Post
Ranged AD are at a distance as well :P.

But yea, I don't agree with this, it would completely change the item balance world, and many spell vamp items might have to be remade to fit it in. Plus it'd be OP for champs like Morganna at the start, seeing as she already has spell vamp :P

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

We could have another low cost (800g-1000g) Spell Vamp item made from AD items, this will help AD Casters but be useless for Mages unless they are feed and want the item as a luxury.

Trimanir

08-29-2011

your problem will be solved in Dominion.

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Even more specific, i want a spell vamp item that does not give AP. AD casters are starting to become more normal, and their skills do not proc lifesteal.

JustMyBassCannon

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa264 View Post
I feel that since there is an early life-steal item for AD champions that there should be an item of similar quality for AP casters. The lifesteal on the AD champions early on gives them more lane sustainability while the AP casters are almost left in the dust.

Feel free to comment or leave an opinion below
Early spell vamp would not be a great idea. While it might be thought of as a good idea, there are problems. First problem is that ANYONE can use Spell Vamp if they have a skill that does not say it activates OHEs (on-hit effects). Lifesteal, as an on-hit effect, affects those skills and auto attacks, while spell vamp affects EVERYTHING else (unless the spell is a 100% passive OHE). Warwick, Fiddlesticks, Morgana, Pantheon, Renekton, Kassadin, Ryze, Annie...I can see SINGED liking this idea, just run around the minions and he sustains himself with his purple clouds of ninja-smoke. Second problem is, as Wolf said, it would change a bunch of item recipes and change the overall balance of the game itself, it would take at least 2 patches without any new champions and very little otherwise balance to make this work, seeing as Spell Vamp interacts with at least 1 skill on every champion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMumbles View Post
While it's true that Ranged DPS benefit from Vampiric Scepter, there are 2 I can think of who have a longer auto attack range than the average skill cast range: Caitlyn and Kogmaw during BAB.

3mptylord

08-29-2011

AD has early lifesteal, AP has early magic penetration. I think this is a fair trade.