Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In low elo, EVERYONE pushes lanes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killerb0y

Recruiter

08-30-2011

Try to learn how to last hit at tower, e.g. ranged minions it's usually one autoattack, one tower hit, then autoattack again for last hit. Some that you can't get using just autoattacks may require using skills, e.g. Q, then autoattack right away.

Another important thing to do is if they're pushing the lane, let them, BUT ONLY TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. You want their minion wave bigger than yours by only a little, so it pushes towards your tower, but not so much that it actually reaches tower. So if they push, you push back - although less, and of course, making sure you get CS. Hope that makes sense.

DMPuffy

08-31-2011

I know you have all heard this before, but...

1) Duo Queue
2) Have your laning partner solo top with a strong Slow/Stun solo top and have him bring Exhaust (Irelia, Sion, Warwick, GP, etc.)
3) Play a jungler that is a STRONG ganker that can carry (Lee Sin, Nocturne, etc.)
4) Gank top, get first blood, snowball and gank other lanes and counter jungle consistently after that

Atomicpuma

08-31-2011

Quote:
Stochastos:
Sometimes it's even worse as jungler when people push their lanes and flame you for not ganking.

"Omg this Udry is SOOOO noob, Doesn't ever gank!"
This was said after a singed and annie push all the way to the enemies tower then soon got ganked afterwards. Where was I ganking top lane...

I don't know whether I should just /ignore all at the start of the game or just stop jungling...

DMPuffy

08-31-2011

Quote:
Atomicpuma:
"Omg this Udry is SOOOO noob, Doesn't ever gank!"
This was said after a singed and annie push all the way to the enemies tower then soon got ganked afterwards. Where was I ganking top lane...

I don't know whether I should just /ignore all at the start of the game or just stop jungling...

Don't stop doing what you enjoy. The point of this game is to have fun, and the most fun I have ever had in this game was when I started jungling. Ganking is the most fun part of the game, and jungling is packed full of it. Just try to convince them not to push. If they don't, they will not get ganks and you can concentrate on feeding other lanes on your team.

Hotdogs

08-31-2011

pushing the lane is a good strat most of the time if there is no enemy jungler
play jungler and win every game

Hoptastic

08-31-2011

I don't play ranked, and I'm not level 30, but I assume most of the people I play against are going to end up mid to low Elo. So I use it to my advantage.

I push like mad, get the enemy all the way back to their tower, most folks I see can't last hit under a tower to save their lives. And I farm the hell out of creeps just outside of their tower range.

Yes I do get ganked occasionally, but with crappy players it's usually pretty obvious when they're coming for you. So just back off and wait till they get done doing nothing while I'm still getting my xp. I usually double my opponents CS by around 10min, even more so in 3v3.

Vienna

08-31-2011

just crush them in lane. brand/annie/cait/etc. do it quite nicely.

Yes I Am Karthus

08-31-2011

Sounds like you are picking champs that need to last hit without harrassment to do well.

Pick harassment champs or champs that have good sustain in lane even with harass.

I'm level 18, but I know if I tried to just free farm with Veigar or Nasus it isn't going to go well once I get to ranked at low ELO.

Try a champ like Cho'gath or Warwick if you are stuck solo top that can heal and punish those who push lane if your jungle ever decides to gank (Rupture with Cho'gath/Ult with Warwick) or can be fine sitting under turret and stun those if they decide to tower dive you. Nothing more lulzy than having a champ run in on you when you are 25% hp with Cho only to have you Rupture + Feral Scream him and leave him mashing his ability buttons while he gets owned by a tower.

Cho makes a great support down low for an AD champ like Ashe as well and will yield plenty of low level kills if they decide to push. Lead with Ashe, Rupture the champ, Ashe slows. It is a long run back to their tower with Ashe auto-attack crits falling on them.

Or a champ like Mordekaiser who will be able to counter push and will frankly love if some idiot pushes your lane so he can E spam.

Seems common sense to me.

/uneducated level 18 opinion

vNaK

08-31-2011

Not able to play ranked yet, but you can try and control the creep waves. If your creeps are closer to their tower, you can try and kill all the enemy creeps really fast so it pushes to their tower and your creeps dies faster from the tower, forcing the wave to get pushed back to your tower. Although, you have to kill the wave fast or it doesn't work as well.

I'm sure not all players are stubborn, have you asked your lane partner politely and told him not to autto attack? Most people that I ask politely (key word here) usually listens and stops auto attacking and then focuses on last hitting or harassing.

You can play safe and stay back a little further away and when a creep is low on hp, move up and last hit it. You can use the bush to your advantage, and only pop out to last hit.

Also, when the enemy goes to last hit a creep, you can go in and hit them. This way you won't be trading hits.

If they are pushing hard and enemy creeps are almost to your tower. If you have the hp. Tank that creep wave until your creeps comes. This way enemy creeps never reaches your tower.

Hope this helps

Mystfyre

08-31-2011

Take teleport and ghost for mobility, push your lane super far and then gank another lane. Teleport back to your lane to defend. Repeat every few minutes.