In low elo, EVERYONE pushes lanes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farmville

08-27-2011

Last hits be ****ed, all they do is push push push. The solution to this is of course to gank them. But you're forgetting we're in low elo, and people don't want to leave their lanes to gank. They want to push them. And if they did leave their lane to gank, their lane would get pushed and goodbye turret.

This makes getting CS very hard since they just harass the hell out of you, and if you want to exchange blows they have an advantage because they have a huge minion wave helping them. Plus, once said huge wave gets to your turret, you have 2 choices: Let the minions/enemy **** your turret and only try to last hit, OR just wipe them out ASAP so you don't lose your turret 10 minutes into the game, therefor having a low CS.

I made a thread similar to this a while back, and the advice I got was good in theory, but in practice it doesn't work. (Essentially the advice was just focus CS and exchange blows when they harass, but as I already explained, it doesn't work)

Also if you're laning with a partner, they usually push the lane too, meaning I have to either over extend to get a few CS (it won't be a lot of CS either since my partner is just hitting all the minions they can, essentially having our minions kill theirs and no one gets CS) or sit back and watch...

So what do? I tried telling my partner last game to stop pushing lane and last hit, and they just ignored me.

moneymango

08-27-2011

I definitely have this problem. People wont listen when I tell them to stop pushing. I will either jungle or mid only now.

socketnaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymango View Post
I definitely have this problem. People wont listen when I tell them to stop pushing. I will either jungle or mid only now.
Sometimes it's even worse as jungler when people push their lanes and flame you for not ganking.

Farmville

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymango View Post
Other than what Stochastos said, that's the best solution I've found. But you always get those people who insta lock Malz and say "mid" or the same thing with jungle.

So what would a high elo player do in this situation? Idk if they'd even know what to do. They'd probably just "wtf".

Youownme

Daffie999

08-27-2011

It is similar if you've ever played a fighting game (tekken, street fighter, etc). When you play a "noob" (button masher in fighters) they do stupid and unexpected things like push a lane hard when you are expecting to have time to gank or b.

My solution to someone pushing hard is learning how to both push and last hit. Just stop attacking at about half minion health and them time your last hit. As opposed to just sitting there watching as your minions get pushed to the tower.

MetalCaptain

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie999 View Post
It is similar if you've ever played a fighting game (tekken, street fighter, etc). When you play a "noob" (button masher in fighters) they do stupid and unexpected things like push a lane hard when you are expecting to have time to gank or b.

My solution to someone pushing hard is learning how to both push and last hit. Just stop attacking at about half minion health and them time your last hit. As opposed to just sitting there watching as your minions get pushed to the tower.
This. Aggressive last hitting. Start targeting one of the melee minions that isn't the focus of all yours first, should hit it 2-3 times before you switch to actually last hitting your creep focus, then switch to the 3rd melee minion, unless 1 more swing would kill your first target.

Last hit the remaining minion as normal, then proceed to the caster minions.

ItWasADude

08-30-2011

Could you target their caster minions (granted without totally overextending) to slow their pushing?

Just a quick brainstorm to a problem I have not thought about.

doo0ooooooom

08-30-2011

If they're pushing, you need to stop only last hitting and start strait-killing the minions--You sortof have to balance the wave. You want to clear them, but not clear them quite as fast as he does. You want the minions on your side of the river, but not at your tower. It's sortof a balancing act... How fast you kill the minions should depend on how hard they're pushing. The optimal position for the wave to be is near your tower but not quite within range of it.

If they're stronger pushers than you are and you simply can't stop their wave from hitting your tower, you have two options: 1) call for a gank. 2) try to harass and zone the hell out of them. Depending on the lane match up #2 could be extremely dangerous or impossible, so use with caution.

Some characters will clear whole minion waves with aoe, and then back off to their tower waiting for their minions to suicide your tower until the next wave to come. This makes it really hard to last hit and also causes your tower to take a bit of damage: To counter this, and this doesn't work if they harass, draw aggro from a couple mobs in the enemy minion wave (not necessarily the whole wave) just before they get within range of the tower -- . You take a bit of damage, but when the next wave comes it will stop at the couple of minions you aggrod, and then be ideally positioned near but not quite at your tower, making zoning them easy.

Enraged Pickle

08-30-2011

Like they say... if you cant beat them... join them...

Play someone like Mordekaiser which can harrass and push lane and carry all in one whole package. I had a friend way in the days carry himself with Mordekaiser from elo hell. :P

Play Sivir and just push and take towers like mad. Focus around mp/5, cdr and tankiness. Grab some ad/tanky items and just push and that is your whole goal.

Play AD Janna with mp/5, just push like mad since she's good at it. And elo hell people wouldn't realize its AD Janna till they're dead like 3 times.

Play Master Yi and ignore the game for the first 20 minutes and just farm, jungle, and pretend to gank but actually just farm out of people's lane.

Stuff like that, just ignore and carry yourself out of elo hell is all I got to say.