Tips on kogmaw vs annie mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blind Pick Hero

08-27-2011

Every time I play kogmaw and go mid vs annie I have a very hard time not getting owned by her stuns. I feel like kogmaw just can't mid against annie. What should I be doing to prevent her from dominating mid? Every time I harass its pretty much risking my life against annie it seems. Playing more passively doesn't seem to work either. Tips? :/

CoolBreeze95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Basically, any AD carry (like kogmaw) will have a hard time vs a burst dmg mage in mid, so i suggest that you dont go mid with kog, however, there is ways to defeat an annie as kogmaw in mid.

Number 1 thing to note with annie. is her when her stun is upp. when you hear her giggle, and a white circle is surrounding her, then stay back. this means her next spell will stun you. you can not let that stun hit you. ever. so just stay back when she has the stun upp. eventually she will use it.

Number 2 as long as you are not getting zoned out. you should be hitting level 6 at the same time. i suggest building Tear of the goddes. making you able to constantly harras her with ur ulti. if you can keep hitting her with ulti, eventually she wont be that agressive.

Number 3 Bio FTW. Use the range enchance spell. Bio-arcane barrage is a extremly powrefull spell. players just tend not to see it.

The way i build Kog maw is a bit special. i go AP + Attack Speed. making Bio Arcane Barrage deadly. as it deal percentage dmg, (meaning, ignores all armor and mr) pluss giving you extra range. Using this to harras annie from level 1-5 or just use it to get minion kills from a far is an effective way not to get zoned. and as i said. once you hit level 6, be sure to harras her with Ulti.

kog maw build i use:

Sorc Shoes.
Tear of the goddes.
Nashors Tooth.
Wits End.
Tear of the goddes into AA staff.
Deathcap
Voidstaff.

You can also choose to go for berserker greaves instead of sorc shoes if you want, but i find the sorc shoes more effective early game.

Its important to spec Bio Arcane, as this spell becomes SICK once u get enough attackspeed + ability power...

But once again, i dont reccomending going against a AP burst mage, with kogmaw, or any other non-burst mage champ.

Eviant

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze95 View Post
as it deal percentage dmg, (meaning, ignores all armor and mr) pluss giving you extra range.
The Emboldened part is incorrect. True damage is the only one that ignores Damage reduction. Percentage just means that it uses the enemy Health as the modifier for damage, which is then reduced by MR. IE: Rammus has 3k health, facing ashe with Madred's. Ram also has 100 MR=50% reduced Magic damage. Every hit, Madred's is doing 120, which is reduced by 50%. So it's 60 Additional damage.

Kogmaw is the same.

Degnared

08-27-2011

I really don't think you should have any trouble with Annie. I run MR blues on Kog, which helps, but you can always just sit back and last hit until you hit 6, at which point you can just whittle her down with your ult. All of her abilities have short range, none of yours do. Take advantage of that. Remember, the name of the game is to get CS, not kills.

ChakatSilvermane

08-27-2011

I find annie a decently easy mid against kog. Unless she is going to flash/stun you, she should never get in range. Level your BaB as fast as you can. Use it to last hit. If she starts walking toward you, hit her once then back off! Unless she has boots she wont be able to get in range, and she took damage. Once you hit 6, you have to be careful. I tend to stay even farther away and last hit OR harass with Living Artillery. Once she gets way down she will be very cautious, and its possible to get a kill.

The thing with annie is that most carry Flash/Ignite. Sure, that instagib WILL kill you, but she has to be particularly careful with kog because he is still dangerous AFTER he dies. If she just used her flash, she wont be able to flash out of your Ithician surprise. Which means that if she instagibed you while low, there is a good chance she is toast.

NoobsWillOwnU

08-29-2011

start with a Cloth and 5 red pots.

If annie tries to harass you, stand your ground and harass her back.

She is a burst damage mage. Early Game she can't do any more damage to you than you can return right back at her. The exception to this is when her stun is up.

Q and W WILL hurt her just as much as her spells will hurt you. However you have pots so that gives you superior sustain.

Come level 6 you should win your lane. Just be wary of the Flash Stun combo as that's really the only way a kog can die to annie. Keep your hp over 600 and you should be safe.

Etherimp

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
The Emboldened part is incorrect. True damage is the only one that ignores Damage reduction. Percentage just means that it uses the enemy Health as the modifier for damage, which is then reduced by MR. IE: Rammus has 3k health, facing ashe with Madred's. Ram also has 100 MR=50% reduced Magic damage. Every hit, Madred's is doing 120, which is reduced by 50%. So it's 60 Additional damage.

Kogmaw is the same.
This.

% damage does not equal true damage. MR/Armor still reduces the damage... and in same cases % damage is actually worse than flat damage.

Ex: Annie has 1500 hp. You deal 300 flat damage to her. That's 20% of her health. You deal 8% damage to her? Much less damage than 20%.

I believe that Vayne is the only champ that carries a "true damage" skill. (Silver Bolts procs true damage every 3 hits... and it's % based true damage.)

ThePsyborg

08-29-2011

Olaf deals true damage (also to himself lol).
Cho'gath's ultimate is true damage (with a pretty good AP ratio, too...scary)
Corki deals +10% true damage on all autoattacks.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.