Please Hot Patch AoE bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoez

08-27-2011

Cass is SO BROKEN with her aoe bugged like this. You simply cannot avoid her Q until level 2 boots, and her W is also hitting a much larger initial AoE than it should. Plz fix this RIOT.

0megaD

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
One thing I am noticing that may attribute to a sense of AoEs being easier to hit is that some champions have GameplayCollisionRadius set and some do not. It's possible that it's defaulting to a larger number. However if it defaults to something like your PathfindingCollisionRadius it should be fine...

If this is the case though, it's been like this for at least several patches and wouldn't be new.
Exactly what is the difference between the Gameplay collisionradius and the pathfinding collisionradius?

If it's something like ''idle'' and ''moving'' champs that get treated differently this might explain it, as all my AoE dodges pre-patch were at a closer position (as far as I can tell) but while running. (Since in any normal game you'll most likely be running around while spells are being cast)

Ragnar Draconus

08-27-2011

I don't know why people are fussing about this now. This has been the case on Morgana since she came out. Her W always reached past her particle.

Kurvel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Quote:
Amumu, Nunu, and Galio all have ults that reach farther than their particle, but it's been this way for a long time. I agree their particles could match a little better. But I'm not seeing anything to indicate that the actual range of those spells has changed.

You almost sound proud of your hackish answer to this situation. Shame on you. Yet again Riot makes game developers look bad. AoE's should not be forgiving in their radius if you allow skillshots to be unforgiving. Anyway I'm ashamed to tell people I play a game that is put together with duck-tape and hack code.

Quadraxis

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurvel View Post
You almost sound proud of your hackish answer to this situation. Shame on you. Yet again Riot makes game developers look bad. AoE's should not be forgiving in their radius if you allow skillshots to be unforgiving. Anyway I'm ashamed to tell people I play a game that is put together with duck-tape and hack code.

No need to get so offensive and fumed up, buddy. Its not like the legit bugs are going to stay forever, obviously. Your angry cries do little to increase the speed at which the things that need fixing get fixed, so just sit back and crack open a beer.

Boreall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Quote:
OK, those are much more useful.

EDIT: Vladimir is set up like that actually (I'd suppose people don't look at that often). His cast shows a ring of size 350, and finds units within 620. So that's how far Vladimir's E always casts; the ring is just incorrect.

EDIT: Both of Galio's look fine... looking at Lux next

EDIT: Lux looks OK too.

I think Lux and Galio are cases where the particle just doesn't match the effect radius (we probably increased the game radius of the spells at some point and didn't enlargen the particle). Vladimir is just flat out wrong.

I think this thread has been very useful in identifying some particles that need to be enlarged to match their spells' new radius.
I think you're an idiot.

Foogsie

08-27-2011

Holy **** this community completely ******ed.

RedHawkHacker

08-27-2011

The only thing I've noticed is that Morde's E seems to have some ridiculous range. Other than that, I simply haven't noticed anything about what any of you are talking about. >_>

Shjade Nexayre

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurvel View Post
Yet again Riot makes game developers look bad. AoE's should not be forgiving in their radius if you allow skillshots to be unforgiving.
Psst. Kurvel. Hey, Kurvel. Some of the AoE spells people are complaining about in this thread? They're AoE "skillshots."

Your statement is ridiculous and you should feel ridiculous.

@RedHawkHacker: just played three games with Morde, his cone's no different from usual. It has weird range compared to the small cone displayed when you're preparing to cast, but it's the same as it's been since I started playing him.

DiscOH

08-27-2011

Quote:
The problem is that at our game's perspective, spells will look differently depending on where the targets are in relation. If we made the spell hit exactly on its ring from one angle, it would look like it misses someone who is (seemingly) clearly standing in it (if they are above it). So we make the area larger than the ring so that it's a bit more forgiving. It's the lesser of two evils in our opinion.
Cant you guys lower the elevation of the ring or something? It doesn't seem like this should be unavoidable.