An Analysis of MOBA Gaming and it's Future:

12345612 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phnx327

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-28-2011

This person knows what's up.

Karandor

Adjudicator

08-28-2011

I"m also REALLY REALLY dissappointed that the only thing new about DotA2 is graphics.

Maya Fey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

This is why I like the LoL community, most people aren't alienated and oblivious. While browsing the HoN forums I felt like I was in a religious cult website.

Fauchard

08-28-2011

I have never played Dota or pretty much any other MOBA, but I can tell dominion proves the quality of Riot Games. They take what is best about their game, and remove what players dont like. They take the action and fun of summoners rift and speed it up by cutting out farming, laning, and jungling passivity.
+1

Lokust Phoenix

08-28-2011

The first MOBA I played, by literal definition, was Doom. It's dumb to call this genre MOBA.

Maya Fey

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokust Phoenix View Post
The first MOBA I played, by literal definition, was Doom. It's dumb to call this genre MOBA.
While I understand what you mean by that, well, it's hard to name a genre. "MOBA" to "me" is the RTS sub-genre where you control a single unit in an "arena-esque" scenario.

I know Quake, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress Classic, etc. were already "battle arenas", well, they are still commonly referred to as the "stereotypical FPS multiplayer".

Stop complaining about semantics, you know what I (and the rest of the world) mean when I say MOBA, there might be better names out there for it, feel free to pick one and spread it.

Goseinoshao

08-29-2011

Exactly!

Well thought out.

Xienwolf

08-29-2011

What will be hilarious is if the other DotA clones out there see how well Dominion does and then, instead of taking a hint and developing something new and original, they pump out a quick Dominion Clone.

Twixiee

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xienwolf View Post
What will be hilarious is if the other DotA clones out there see how well Dominion does and then, instead of taking a hint and developing something new and original, they pump out a quick Dominion Clone.
xD totaly gonna happen, just you watch

EDIT: oh and op you're awesome ^_^ i couldn't agree more, cept about being disapointed, im not. because i always expected and hoped LoL to be better. it's just managed better in almost every way

Maya Fey

08-29-2011

Thank you, Twix.

12345612 ... 21