morgana tank items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

volune

05-24-2010

Lets assume Rod of Ages as your first big item. Lets also assume you have 15% cooldown reduction out the gate from masteries and flat CD blue runes.

which is a better second item? Frozen Heart or Randuin's Odin? they cost about the same, and give about the same amount of armor.

Frozen Heart is nice because it will get you all the way to the cooldown cap with one item. The attack speed reduction aura isnt bad for morgana either, considering the late game abuse she takes. On the other hand, ROA normally gives enough mana that the mana from FH is not very useful.

Randuin's Odin gives health instead of mana. Considering the mana ROA gives, i like getting health over mana on the frozen heart. you also get health regen to go with the extra health. you dont cap out cooldowns, but golem buff can do the rest. On top of this you get the active. The active not only compares to the passive on the frozen heart for attack speed debuff, it makes it harder for enemies to get away when you ult, which is not to be undervalued.

so is randuins odin morganas choice second item after rod of ages? so far i think so.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

My tank Morgana goes like this:
Rod
(Is it looking like you are going to be survive and getting a lot of assists or kills? Add Leviathan here)
Rylies
(Are you getting lots of kills? Add in Guise here)
Randuin's

Of course you get Merc Treads and take Flash as a summoner skill. Those are my core items, getting every AP+HP item early is imperative on her so she can keep farming with Tormented Soil and so you actually do something in team fights. Rylies is quite handy, as you drop soil before binding and the first hit of soil will slow them for an easier skillshot. It also helps in catching runners and stacks with your ult's slow.

Alternately, you can go double rod as your opening, then go Rylies and whatever tank items you want.

Xetvenen

05-24-2010

Leviathan is a good item if you are doing well enough...never see it anymore since it got nerf'd..glad it did even though I use it all the time with morgana...