Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


How many bans should Ranked have?

4 Bans 97 14.74%
6 Bans 339 51.52%
8 Bans 145 22.04%
10 Bans 77 11.7%
Voters 658 .

Ranked Needs More Bans!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

Senior Member

09-11-2011

More bans!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DisGuyzCrAzY

Junior Member

09-12-2011

i say make it 6 or 8, have the "team captain" get 1 (2 in the case of 8 bans) and then everyone else get one, and the captain gets the last one (or 2)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

Senior Member

09-13-2011

Quote:
DisGuyzCrAzY:
i say make it 6 or 8, have the "team captain" get 1 (2 in the case of 8 bans) and then everyone else get one, and the captain gets the last one (or 2)


Eh, I don't know about that. It's already problematic with just the captains deciding on who to ban in random ranked games when you're playing with strangers. Everyone has different opinions about popular ban choices, plus trolls would end up banning Eve or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primarck

Junior Member

09-13-2011

Relatively new here, and only lvl10 so far. I just started playing, but hope to play ranked at some point.

Without too much bashing, can someone explain why there is a need for banning? I mean 2 teams, everyone can pick whoever they want right? Is there something I'm missing? Are these characters so overpowered that they shouldn't be allowed to be played in ranked matches?

Like I said, pretty new, so keep the bashing to a minimum if you can.


Thanks,


Clay


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

Senior Member

09-13-2011

Quote:
Primarck:
Relatively new here, and only lvl10 so far. I just started playing, but hope to play ranked at some point.

Without too much bashing, can someone explain why there is a need for banning? I mean 2 teams, everyone can pick whoever they want right? Is there something I'm missing? Are these characters so overpowered that they shouldn't be allowed to be played in ranked matches?

Like I said, pretty new, so keep the bashing to a minimum if you can.


Thanks,


Clay


Banning adds to the strategic element of the picking process. For instance, banning certain champs can stop specific champs from countering your team's strategy. The issue right now is, there aren't enough bans to eliminate that many champs, which is the ban total should be increased by at least two.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KCIV4

Senior Member

09-14-2011

the more champs they ad the more bans will be needed to cover the added (possible) op champs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kotsubaki

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Tournaments should bump up to 8 and ranked should at least be 6.

Theres WAY too mamy champs to have only 4 bans, and yes, the same annie, GP, morde, alistar, amumu are banned every game because theres so little bans so you go for the main annoying champions when people should be banned udyr and game changers like garen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kotsubaki

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Primarck:
Relatively new here, and only lvl10 so far. I just started playing, but hope to play ranked at some point.

Without too much bashing, can someone explain why there is a need for banning? I mean 2 teams, everyone can pick whoever they want right? Is there something I'm missing? Are these characters so overpowered that they shouldn't be allowed to be played in ranked matches?

Like I said, pretty new, so keep the bashing to a minimum if you can.


Thanks,


Clay


Bans are needed to stop the enemy team from picking champions that counter your champions that your team knows they want.
The problem is that the same OP annoying CC champs get instabanned every time so you don't really get to choose who to ban.
(IE: If your team has a tryndamere ban teemo, teemo being his counter. [Teemo poison counters trynd ult])


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuffTime

Senior Member

09-14-2011

/Signed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Kotsubaki:
Tournaments should bump up to 8 and ranked should at least be 6.

Theres WAY too mamy champs to have only 4 bans, and yes, the same annie, GP, morde, alistar, amumu are banned every game because theres so little bans so you go for the main annoying champions when people should be banned udyr and game changers like garen.


^ This.