4 Bans 97 14.74%
6 Bans 339 51.52%
8 Bans 145 22.04%
10 Bans 77 11.70%
Voters: 658. You may not vote on this poll

Ranked Needs More Bans!

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

08-27-2011

More bans!

Nhan Fiction

08-28-2011

More bans!

Titanium Wyrm

08-28-2011

The problem with adding too many bans is that it requires players to learn too many champions; what if you banned every champion someone had learned? How many people know 11+ champions well?

If tournaments use six, they should use the same number for ranked, but which way that goes depends on what is best - either both should use six, or both should use four. Eight is not unreasonable (10%), but I do not know if that is best.

yons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Bans are going to 6 (3 for each team) in Season 2

Elalya

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardFenix View Post
Ranked would be fair if each team could ban exactly half of the ~30 or so broken and/or bugged champions currently in the game. Add a vote option for 30 bans.
OK, unranked guy.

Nhan Fiction

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yons View Post
Bans are going to 6 (3 for each team) in Season 2
Confirmed?

Nhan Fiction

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Wyrm View Post
The problem with adding too many bans is that it requires players to learn too many champions; what if you banned every champion someone had learned? How many people know 11+ champions well?
The chance of this happening would be very low, plus it would only be a factor if someone decided to start Ranked play with hardly any champs to their name (for some reason).

Nhan Fiction

09-05-2011

Increase the bans, please!

Kanark

09-06-2011

I believe just about everyone agrees with this. There is no question about if we need it not. We just need to keep attention on it and make sure it stays on the top of the to do list. I believe that with the Season 2 patch will come increased bans. Mainly because with new seasons comes new rules, New ELO, and it may even increase true skill rating accuracy because the more OP champions will have a better chance of getting banned so games may turn out to be more balanced in a sense.

^^ Just my thoughts.

Nhan Fiction

09-08-2011

OK, so like yesterday during my ranked game, the other team was QQing in all chat about "OMG, who doesn't ban Morde?" And this right here is the epitome of why four bans = not enough. The other team's captain banned Amumu and Lee Sin, very respectable bans in their own right, but this also allowed Morde to fall into my team's hands. Increasing the bans to at least six will not solve every must-ban/must-pick solution, but it will make things more reasonable.

12345612 ... 15