4 Bans 97 14.74%
6 Bans 339 51.52%
8 Bans 145 22.04%
10 Bans 77 11.70%
Voters: 658. You may not vote on this poll

Ranked Needs More Bans!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

08-26-2011

Original Thread on Leaguecraft

Edit - I am talking about Summoner's Rift.

Ranked needs more bans. Four bans = not enough.

How can anyone target a good amount of champs to eliminate from the picking process when the game only lets you take out four total? Seriously.

So people will end up banning champs like Udyr and Orianna first ... OK. Now what?

It's not like you can afford to use a ban on a wild card champ you hate, like Mordekaiser or Fiddlesticks. Everyone expects you to ban the same four champs every single Ranked game. It's dull, repetitive and makes the whole banning process so lame.

In DotA, the game had eight bans at 80+ heroes, eventually moving up to 10 bans when the game reached 100 heroes. It's time for LoL to increase the ban total number already. Tournament play gets six bans. Six bans would be way better than four, so why can't Ranked have more bans?

Give the players more bans to use!

Squkkawakka

08-26-2011

While I dont disagree with having more bans, its the same heros being banned I have issues with, it shows they are either OP or along the threshold of OP. Im not saying you should ban what youre afraid of either, I wouldnt mind seeing like a 1-2min discussion part of ranked before bans start being hammered, so you can have somewhat of a hero strat and ban heros that would counter you, as opposed of just banning oriana, amumu, ect. ect.

I Darkstar I

08-26-2011

Its just simple math that shows we need more bans now. There have been quite afew new champions from the beginning of season 1 til now. While the champion pool has increased, the ban count has not. There should atleast be an increase to 6 bans

Doctor Baldhead

08-26-2011

Ranked games should follow exactly the same rules as tournament play when it comes to bans. It doesn't make sense for tournament players to be playing a different game from ordinary mid-high elo ranked players.

Honestly, competitive play should use eight or ten bans, with symmetry maintained. However, I voted 6 because it's the current competitive number.

Nhan Fiction

08-26-2011

In all honesty, I don't know how anyone can think that four bans will be enough for a game that has broken the 80+ champ mark. When LoL reaches 100+ champs, will four bans still be the norm? I sure hope not.

LandoChronus

08-27-2011

Needs at least 6.
The top champs right now are gp, orianna, jax, nid, and possibly fiddle (all IMO...just sayin).
That's 5 right there. With 4 bans you haven't even taken care of the "OP" champs that make winning super super difficult. Not including all the really strong champs that can still faceroll you.
Yes you can "carry more" and beat the "op champs" but when characters are so strong that they severely tilt the playing field, that's crazy.

Nikorasu S A

08-27-2011

Yeh, we need more bans. In ranked there is always the question, must i ban this one to have this problem ? or ban this other to have this other problem left? There r too many champs and more coming, we need at least 6 i say. We have enough with elo hell so at least we must ban 6 champs.

Nhan Fiction

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoChronus View Post
Needs at least 6.
The top champs right now are gp, orianna, jax, nid, and possibly fiddle (all IMO...just sayin).
That's 5 right there. With 4 bans you haven't even taken care of the "OP" champs that make winning super super difficult. Not including all the really strong champs that can still faceroll you.
Yes you can "carry more" and beat the "op champs" but when characters are so strong that they severely tilt the playing field, that's crazy.
Exactly. When you have so many must-ban champs to factor in, four doesn't scratch the surface. Furthermore, having more bans will lead to the possibility of wild card bans.

Retrovertigo

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squkkawakka View Post
While I dont disagree with having more bans, its the same heros being banned I have issues with, it shows they are either OP or along the threshold of OP. Im not saying you should ban what youre afraid of either, I wouldnt mind seeing like a 1-2min discussion part of ranked before bans start being hammered, so you can have somewhat of a hero strat and ban heros that would counter you, as opposed of just banning oriana, amumu, ect. ect.
Or people listen to tier lists for their op standards and bans, or they just don't know how to counterpick.

ShardFenix

08-27-2011

Ranked would be fair if each team could ban exactly half of the ~30 or so broken and/or bugged champions currently in the game. Add a vote option for 30 bans.

1234511 ... 15