Why it is almost impossible to get out of Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashley Grey

12-01-2010

I personally think it's not skill related or the players you are matched with, but what affects is the players you are matched against. I'm at 800 elo, and I often see players who have won over 300 ranked games.

Ok you might not accept this but it's a fact that in LoL chance plays a big role too, even for really good players right? If you already lost 200 games, you'll be against players who lost 200 games but might had won 100. These are player who already have skills in how to play the game quite well. Chances are a lot of times you're against players who are at the 1200-1400 elo bracket(1400 from being carried 5 games is not a rare thing) so if they have a win lost ratio of just maybe five games, they are not better players than you but they are lucky players.

Yordle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintWilliam View Post
I personally think it's not skill related or the players you are matched with, but what affects is the players you are matched against. I'm at 800 elo, and I often see players who have won over 300 ranked games.

Ok you might not accept this but it's a fact that in LoL chance plays a big role too, even for really good players right? If you already lost 200 games, you'll be against players who lost 200 games but might had won 100. These are player who already have skills in how to play the game quite well. Chances are a lot of times you're against players who are at the 1200-1400 elo bracket(1400 from being carried 5 games is not a rare thing) so if they have a win lost ratio of just maybe five games, they are not better players than you but they are lucky players.
Yes.

What you are talking about is called a

"BROKEN MATCHMAKING SYSTEM".

If they fix this, no one can get out of ELO hell.

Ashiaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

those players who won 300 games and lost 400 games are prbbly down there for a reason...
that player who has a w/l of 17/0 is prbbly high elo for a reason too..
even if hes carried, eventually he will hit his elo
that person who has played 700 games and is in 800 elo most likely deserves to be there
just saying

BuenoMal

08-24-2013

The mass of this community that's treating this game like it's their life... You're the "toxic" player that you're crying about. How about we perma-ban this dick that's about to go into your mother. It's a game. ENJOY IT.

But really. For those that's taking this game to the heart and is legitimately crying. You're going to have a whole new world hitting you once you step out of your box. Maybe you should start lifting; just maybe.

Down vote for truth?
-YOLOSWAG

Butt hurt anyone?

Epjest

08-24-2013

Despite this being a necro....

"I agree, you can't get out of something that isn't real."

bunies

08-24-2013

this is completely wrong, at lower elo your enemy team dosent matter, all that matters is your team.