Anyone Else Notice AOE Has Risen Since Talon Patch?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maadcant

08-30-2011

Killed a Kat as Lux last night, we were having lesbian *** near the river, all of a sudden she was low on health and i'm like, immma kill her. Fired my skill shot (q) knowing it was going to be out of range, the tip of the indicator was on her when I threw it. I got the kill. GG Riot.

AlienJim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Don't know if this was said yet but Nasus's circle thing was hitting me when I was out of it
also I kill a shaco when he was out of range on my ult as nunu

maadcant

08-30-2011

I think i haev workd it out

your nameplate is included as part of your hitbox!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbjKh...eature=related

nameplate was clearly hit! working as intended!

Agarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Got a screenshot of Mord's cone with almost MF ult range(though it seems like it's not the wide at the end.)

jesantiago

08-30-2011

ok guys stop complaining about Brand fire pillars I just played a game against a brand mid and it had no extra range AT ALL.
I think they fixed it already since AOE players seems more easier to handle now, still we need red confirmation on this.

Purorg

08-31-2011

yup there is absolutely a bug with those aoe range vs effect displayed. I started noticing it playing vs Lux and her circle that explode 2 inch more on each side than it should.

Hakobo

08-31-2011

My brother just went 30/0 as Orianna with a pentakill and several delayed pentas/quadras. Funny thing is, he stated that he shouldn't have gotten half of them, but is enjoying the new number 1 ap carry and her invisible range.

CohesiveLlama

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post
Alright, I'll break the "red ice."

We've been looking at this since it was reported this morning with several testers, QA analysts, game designers, and even me!

We haven't see anything strange with the exception of Teemo's Mushrooms, Caitlyn's Traps, and possibly Nidalee's Traps.

Regarding all other champions, we've done a sweep on live and do not feel that anything has changed in the Talon patch. Just going over some of the champions in this thread, this includes (but is not limited to) Brand, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Swain, Shaco, Anivia, Alistar, Casseiopia, Blitzcrank, Leona, Mordekaiser, etc.

The one thing I want to note is that every indicator is slightly less than the actual range by design. This has been true for the past 2 years, and is due to the way we calculate ranges and champion positions. We had to make the choice between someone who was slightly outside the range getting hit versus someone who was clearly inside not getting it, and we chose the first.

If anyone can post a video or screenshots, please do. We'll be continuing to investigate, but for now, this feels like hysteria driven by a bug exclusive to Teemo and Caitlyn.
While i feel where you are coming from, i must kindly and firmly disagree. While it is not every game, i've experienced this problem first hand from a Swain who was landing nevermove on me while i was well out of his circle. Also had a morde who was out of turret range hitting me with is cone while i was BEHIND the turret, and he wasn't pulling agro. And really Cait's traps is enough of a goof for this to be game changing.