Patch stuck at 33%? Send us your logs to help fix it!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhësüs

Recruiter

08-25-2011

I had it at 33% percent last night when i went to bed (it was like that close to an hour) it was on 1/2 and the countdown time kept saying -7:-3 and -8:-5 instead of 15:30 or another existent time. I chose to finish the download while i slept though and it completed successfully.

Haarenfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
Hi Summoners,

We?ve received a lot of reports that your launchers are patching up to 33% and then hanging for far too long. We want to obliterate this problem, but we need your help to pinpoint the source.

First of all, if you?ve encountered this problem yourself, we'd like you to copy your RADS kernel log file to pastebin and post a link in this thread so our support team can look over them. You can find these logs in:

[Your League of Legends Folder]\RADS\rads_user_kernel.log
[Your League of Legends Folder]\RADS\rads_user_kernel.log2

Replace [Your League of Legends Folder] with the path to your LoL installation. You may see more than one. We want to see all of them.

To get your log onto pastebin, open your log file in notepad, select the contents (CTRL+A), copy (CTRL+C), then go to http://pastebin.com, and paste the contents (CTRL+V) into the New Paste window. Repeat for each log you have. When you're done, post the links in this format.

Rads_user_kernel.log: [link]
rads_user_kernel.log2: [link]
etc.

Second of all, we need to know what you?re seeing when your client hangs at 33%. Are you seeing a particular file? What's your download speed? Are you on Step 1 /2 or Step 2 / 2? Let us know in your post!

The more information you can provide, the faster we can get this problem fixed.

Thanks for taking the time to help. Your experience as a player is our top priority. With your help, we'll get this fixed even faster and get you in game to enjoy Talon and everything the new patch has to offer. Thanks for your patience, and thanks for playing League of Legends!
I will look for it if I have time. I had it just stay at 33% but after about 15-30 minutes it simply jumped to complete without showing any of the percentage in between.

RaptorJebus1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

I noticed this while I was downloading the Talon patch. I left it alone and in less than half an hour it was done.

Edit: Just noticed my post is just a repeat of the one above. OH WELL. D:<

Boonun

08-25-2011

It still works though!!

Warnder

Recruiter

08-25-2011

im at step 2/2 and 33%

I still see a lot of things happening in the status bar, like sword.dds and that kinds of files flying through, but the progress bar stays at 33%.

Ayn

08-25-2011

If this happened to us before, but not this patch particularly you still want the logs?

Obi Wan Kanblomi

08-25-2011

I was stuck for a while but I let it sit for 20 minutes and it worked itself out

Chaldyth the Axe

08-25-2011

Mine was stuck patch day, a restart and it worked fine.

DrackoZero

08-25-2011

Welcome DrackoZero (logout) My Account

News
Learning Center
Ladders
Forums
Merchandise
Media
Videos
Support

Learn More
Patch stuck at 33 percent? Send us your logs to help fix it! Posted by RiotMontag on Thu, 2011-08-25 21:56

Hi Summoners,

We?ve received a lot of reports that your launchers are patching up to 33% and then hanging for far too long. We want to obliterate this problem, but we need your help to pinpoint the source.

First of all, if you?ve encountered this problem yourself, we?d like you to copy your RADS kernel log file to pastebin and post a link in this thread so our support team can look over them. You can find these logs in:

[Your League of Legends Folder]\RADS\rads_user_kernel.log
[Your League of Legends Folder]\RADS\rads_user_kernel.log2

Replace [Your League of Legends Folder] with the path to your LoL installation. You may see more than one. We want to see all of them.

To get your log onto pastebin, open your log file in notepad, select the contents (CTRL+A), copy (CTRL+C), then go to http://pastebin.com, and paste the contents (CTRL+V) into the New Paste window. Repeat for each log you have. When you?re done, post the links in this format.

Rads_user_kernel.log: [link]
rads_user_kernel.log2: [link]
etc.

Second of all, we need to know what you?re seeing when your client hangs at 33%. Are you seeing a particular file? What?s your download speed? Are you on Step 1 /2 or Step 2 / 2? Let us know in your post!

The more information you can provide, the faster we can get this problem fixed.

Thanks for taking the time to help. Your experience as a player is our top priority. With your help, we?ll get this fixed even faster and get you in game to enjoy Talon and everything the new patch has to offer. Thanks for your patience, and thanks for playing League of Legends!

Click here to comment
Categories

Champion Rotation
Community
Company Info
Content
Contest
Events
General
Release Notes
Sales
Tournaments

? 2011 Riot Games Inc. All rights reserved.

League of Legends and Riot Games Inc. are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc.

EULA | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Tribunal
Support

Neublet

08-25-2011

Rads_user_kernel.log http://pastebin.com/019j4zGW
Rads_user_kernel.log2 http://pastebin.com/NtC1k0P4

A few days before the patch ever hit I was getting really bad lag in the game. I restarted the client and noticed that it started to download a patch but got to 33% then just went away and said I could play. I found this odd beings patch day was a few days away, I remember reading that you guys said the patch was going to be large so I just figured it was downloading in the background or something.

On patch day I started downloading the patch and it again got stuck at 33% I tried several ideas that others posted (like changing the regions, restarting the client, not sure if the changing regions fixed it but when I changed regions it did allow the download to work..but very slowly). Anyways not the patch is downloaded HOWEVER, I am still getting really bad lag and when I go to login it says its downloading something and it yet again gets to 33% then just goes away. I hope the links above help. Oh I have also tried opening ports, installing new updates. I hardly ever had lag in the game until about a week ago.