Ashe and so many builds( Opinions)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fusion31690

05-16-2010

I have been playing a lot of ashe lately and like her so much that heck I have my expensive!!!!!! runes all for her with armor pen and mana per level. Havent really decided what defensive runes im going to use yet. I am actually looking at the build itself there are so many. I have one that murks but its more late game I have a few questions for those seniors that know the game really well. Okay first my build.

1)Boots
2)BF Sword
3) If other team can slow or stun i get merc greaves if not i go tabi
4)a) BF sword This depends on the mid person
4)b) >Black cleaver
5) Last whisper
6) Inf edge
7)From there im kinda lost I usually go by what I see if im dying too much I go with the Banshee's Veil, or if they have jax and his dodge I go for the Sword of the divine

I have been looking into the sword of the occult but dont know if a) its worth it or b) where to put it. Any other items people think would help or anything let me know

Mesa H

05-16-2010

Sword of the Occult isn't worth it imo, but if you want to put it i would suggest getting it after the first BF sword, getting it any later will only make it even less worth it.

As for your build may i suggest one or two items
As a first item i suggest --Meki--

You can compare the lane performace with you getting boots, but from my experience only Ashe who can spam volley more often can dominate in teamfights and lanes, you could get golem to compensate for that but your early laning will be very tough if you're against annie or kat or nid while NOT having a meki to deny them gold by volleying

and i would suggest getting --Bloodthirster-- instead of Black Cleaver, although black cleaver helps you hit harder and perhaps your teammates, i can see you have no life steal in your build, which is not wise on ashe, by having life steal you can 1) stay and push a lane after a teamfight 2) better laning 3) regen health by jungling and gank people when the enemy think you blue pilled

I suggest you try a few times and see if it suits you, but if you're more comfortable with your build, it's better to go for something you're confident about.

StoRmRAiL

05-16-2010

first off you can't rush BFs, primarily because:

you need a lot of gold
you are not getting gold as you dont have mana to spam volley to farm
get mana regen runes/ mekis/clarity(in order of importance)
secondly, you get LW too late imo, getting it early would help... get black cleaver late on....
get lifesteal, as Mesa said...i am thinking starks, as you don't have enough attack speed

EDIT: try getting sword of the occult after boots, but get SotO ONLY if you are doing good(or will do good)

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Last Whisper and Black Cleaver do not go well together. I advise scrapping Black Cleaver, as there are other characters that can really abuse the shyt out of that thing, and Ashe isn't one of them since she lacks an inherent AS boosting mechanism.

Personally I like the Brutalizer + Last Whisper combo. More ECAs, and perhaps take the opponent's armor out of the picture. It's lacking some damage though, it's just a lot of armor penetration.

sweatersDC

05-16-2010

According to Phreak, the only viable Ashe build is Boots 1, Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, green potion

Jus' sayin'

Orthon

05-17-2010

Boots -> BF -> Last Whisper -> Mercs/Swiftness -> Brutalizer -> Infinity.

Runes: Lots of mana regen per level and armor pen.

Crannicus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2010

LW is huge for Ashe in the mid-game. I'd make it my third item in any Ashe build.

The first would logically be boots, the second some for of attack damage increasing item (BF Sword makes a good choice.)

I used to like using Bloodrazor a lot, and would commonly pick it up as my fourth or fifth.

Also, a final note: if you're having trouble with mana/survivability, Catalyst makes a great choice. You can then upgrade it to Banshee's later.

Fusion31690

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
Last Whisper and Black Cleaver do not go well together. I advise scrapping Black Cleaver, as there are other characters that can really abuse the shyt out of that thing, and Ashe isn't one of them since she lacks an inherent AS boosting mechanism.

Personally I like the Brutalizer + Last Whisper combo. More ECAs, and perhaps take the opponent's armor out of the picture. It's lacking some damage though, it's just a lot of armor penetration.

Yeah but those two together usually works i usually end up taking chunks of health from people and killing them quickly

Kikhan

05-20-2010

I usually just grab a recurve bow early and figure out which attack speed item would be best later. Also you need life steal if you are going to bang it out with another physical Champ. With vamp sceptre being only 400+g it is super cheap to buy. Even if you are forced back to fountain with out much farming. Turning into Bloodthirster eventually since it is easy to farm up minions on it with Ashe.

voiper

05-20-2010

Black Cleaver ONLY if you're unable to get the gold for IE immediately. Depending on your team comp you're probably going to only end up hitting people 6 times before they die anyway.

Last Whisper is debatable. If you have apen runes and quints, you're sitting on 29 pen at level one. Rushing LW hurts you early game. In my experience most people have around 40-60 armor by the time you can afford LW. So LW is going to be penning 40% of around 30-40 armor, so you've just spent 1950 gold to penetrate about 15 armor. Much better to get BF first. After that, depends. If you can comfortable stay alive and farm and kill, go for IE. If not, branch out. Madred's, Cleaver (in rare, 'I need 75 damage for really cheap' situations), phantom, etc. Depends on who you have to kill and how fast.

Edit: NO to bloodthirster. Life steal is overpriced and doesn't work on Ashe beyond level 10. Against any competent team you are going to be focused, and relying on any stack item on ashe is bad bad bad. Phantom goes a lot longer toward survivability than bloodthirster.