The Alistar nerf was a bad thing

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkstopejaw View Post
Riot just doesn't want to see him in tournaments anymore. It sucks, but the company defines the meta, regardless of what we think.

So if they want to nerfbat Alistar out of oblivion, they will just go ahead and do it. It really sucks. He was a blast to play with.
I really hope that's not the case. Why wouldn't they want to see him in tournaments?

He is one of the most action causing champions in the game.

I guess it's more fun to see Cho solo top and run away from ganks all game...

Horoutama

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
I really hope that's not the case. Why wouldn't they want to see him in tournaments?

He is one of the most action causing champions in the game.

I guess it's more fun to see Cho solo top and run away from ganks all game...
Action?!? IN A MOBA?!? KILL!! KILL IT!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!! Increase gold for creeps, increase spawn times, nerf fighting elements and encourage farming elements! ACTION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Ok, wheres MY PAYCHECK riot? I would like it by friday at 3PM please.

Ursalgodon

08-25-2011

Quote:
The thing is he'll always be a solid pick. He just gets less fun to play the more they nerf him. There is a point at which he'll be bad after they hit his numbers or utility enough, but there is no in between.

And he's not broken. He's solid. He has some tools you want on any team. Thus, he will always appear in tournaments.
And with every nerf he also gets less frustrating to play against.

HandheldBrandon

08-25-2011

I agree with this he was hit really hard on his R and it becomes pretty useless until max rank because the damage it reduces isnt enough.

Langrisserz

08-25-2011

Nerf lane sustain, said Janna and Ali are ideal supports, then nerf Ali again and again until he is no longer fun nor viable, wtf?

Khristophoros

The Council

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursalgodon View Post
And with every nerf he also gets less frustrating to play against.
Every properly played champion is frustrating to play against. The anti-fun argument is only valid against facerollers that have flowchart gameplay.

Reep

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Katsura View Post
They will always nerf him. From now until the end of LoL.
Somehow I have the feeling you're right...sadly.

pencilcat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAardvark View Post
Which is stupid, tanks should need the jungle or a solo lane to do their job. Just existing and being invulnerable takes no skill.

Also, they are tired of him getting a free kill at level 6 because the tower does no damage to Ali during ult.
Tryndamere and Poppy can tower dive even better.

Katarina can also tower dive at level 6, just pop ulti and shunpo out.

Lee Sin can also tower dive and knock you back out so you are no longer in tower range.

Caitlin, Kog, Corki etc. don't need to tower dive due to their long range poke.

I think it is safe to say that Alistar is not unique in his ability cause grief even when tower hugging.

It is also weird since Riot wanted a more dynamic game and as such tower hugging should not always be a sure fire way to stay alive.

Menthols

08-25-2011

They are trying to prevent you from building him pure ap and nuking like a caster yet being tanky as **** with your ulti, now going full ap builds or similar style builds will hurt way more on your tankyness.

Or you can stop trying to be a carry with him and build him tanky anyway and disrupt fights like he was meant to be played

Smcl

08-25-2011

Quote:
The thing is he'll always be a solid pick. He just gets less fun to play the more they nerf him. There is a point at which he'll be bad after they hit his numbers or utility enough, but there is no in between.

And he's not broken. He's solid. He has some tools you want on any team. Thus, he will always appear in tournaments.
I hope Riot doesn't expect anyone to buy Unchained Alistar. I don't even understand why this nerf was needed. They already nerfed his ratios immensely. It seems like Riot wants most champs to have only one way to be built/played.

1234567 ... 12