The Alistar nerf was a bad thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1823f168c21986

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalhrezem View Post
Alistar is half of everything he used to be. Even ratios.

All for what? Ignoring unit collision?
Doubt unit collision caused minions to block you from W+Qing the champion behind them.

I agree with the Alistar nerf as a bad thing, but then again they nutured Nidalee's fun factor even harder.

The only champion who's more fun is Soraka. Wonder why.

EFG

08-26-2011

The real problem is this. They killed ap alistar by hitting it with a shovel, nerfed it a few more times for good measure and NOW they finally do something about the skill which was always the actual problem.

The other half of the issue is what they won't do. They won't buff q or w back to where ap alistar is viable.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFG View Post
The real problem is this. They killed ap alistar by hitting it with a shovel, nerfed it a few more times for good measure and NOW they finally do something about the skill which was always the actual problem.

The other half of the issue is what they won't do. They won't buff q or w back to where ap alistar is viable.
Why was it a problem? AP Alistar wasn't viable after the other nerfs. That was fine because he's supposed to be a tank.

He was still very likely to die after his ult ended. I could see reducing the duration to make it more clutch or something, but I really don't see how any nerf was a good idea.

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-27-2011

[08:50] <Khristophoros> I NEED A BUMP SHUT UP
[08:50] <Khristophoros> but make it seem like a legit post

Ok, so..

Yes, this was a huge nerf for Alistar, and I do agree that simply by design he will always be a good competitive pick. That said, I do think a nerf to his ultimate was needed (although not this much) and if you watched Gamescom you would know why I am saying that... he was unkillable.

Due to how his kit works, unless his CC is nerfed in a substantial way, he will always be a solid competitive pick. If he is a top pick/ban in competative play, hes I believe he should be nerfed, and he rightfully was. I just believe that the amount he was nerfed is a bit to large, and doesn't actually address most of the reason why he was so strong, making this nerf not in the right direction.

dinkstopejaw

07-14-2012

He got nerfed agains

dinkstopejaw

07-14-2012

sad day for alistar

Deikan

07-14-2012

Stop necroing and also alistar has been a top ban because of his jungling so the nerf was well earned.