Audio 'stuttering' since Talon patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

08-25-2011

Since the Talon patch I am frequently getting audio stuttering in the game where it sounds like the audio repeats little chunks of the music for 10 seconds or so. I've only noticed it with the background music but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't doing that with effects just that it is less noticeable.

SpecAce

08-25-2011

^ this, its really annoying to have the announcer stutter 3-10 times

DLunacy

08-27-2011

Same thing here, my friends have noticed it too.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

08-30-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

Do you find that the stuttering happens at the same time as other performance issues (FPS drop, lag)? Any information that might help us reproduce the problem would be very helpful in tracking it down.

Thanks!

trogdor2k5

08-31-2011

I also have been having this problem after the patch. It's fairly rare but it still happens every few days. there wasn't really anything that happened along with it that I remember.

Revengez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-31-2011

It used to happen to me with FPS drop, but I got a new HDD and it's fixed.

At one point I was playing as Evelynn, and it started repeating her voice at the end of her voice loops so it sounded like she was moaning and my parents thought I was watching p0rn.

Lul.

ScaryMango

12-15-2011

Any news :-/ ??

It happens to me and causes (or is linked) to huge fps drop (my screen basically freeze for a few seconds)

Tends to happen when (I think) yet many huge song are played (announcement, ultis...)

ScaryMango

12-15-2011

bumpy bump :x

Folkkk

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revengez View Post
It used to happen to me with FPS drop, but I got a new HDD and it's fixed.

At one point I was playing as Evelynn, and it started repeating her voice at the end of her voice loops so it sounded like she was moaning and my parents thought I was watching p0rn.

Lul.
I lol'd hard!!!!

goremote

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey guys,

Do you find that the stuttering happens at the same time as other performance issues (FPS drop, lag)? Any information that might help us reproduce the problem would be very helpful in tracking it down.

Thanks!
Nearly all of my instances of audio stuttering have occured while my machine was having problems of its own (namely periodic lock-ups). Such problems nonwithstanding, the stutters would usually coincide with a light visual lag, though my FPS would stay normal at 60.