Useless Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hassurunous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

So I've noticed when I play matchmaking, that there are some champions that, when I see them on my team, I immediately facepalm and prepare for the imminent surrender at 25.

For example, Kayle. I've never played a game with a good Kayle on either team. People tell me she is a great champion with versatile and useful skills, but I've never seen it.

What about you guys? Who do you think is useless?

JC0226

05-16-2010

Kayle is only there for her ulti, which is obscenely good with an organized team, and her heal to a (MUCH) lesser extent.

The general consensus is on tryndamere and eve being at the bottom now I believe, with eve getting a buff soon.

GosuOP

05-16-2010

Shaco - either he's really pro and carries the team, or he feeds non-stop.

Eve - see Shaco^

Ashe - since I'm still in the teens level, a lot of newbies are using this champion...

I'm know there are TONS of people who can play these champions very well, surprising me in game. But it's just the majority of them in my ELO is very newbie-ish.

shortyish

05-16-2010

Jax

TheMountainGoat

05-16-2010

jax is noob **** awful champ

Tempestt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
jax is noob **** awful champ
think you misread the question, jax isnt useless at all! infact he is too useful... and really there isn't a useless champion in this game more like useless build, some builds take advantage of the champions skills more while other done, try building kayle with atkspeed,ability power and either of the slow items, that takes advantage of her slow with the atk speed giving you more hits on the target, your heal's boost and slow + the bonus ap gives more heal and the ap + atk speed makes your E ability stupidly imba and it crits aswell... + you have ur ulti assuming you have nashors tooth or wtv its cd will be short and ridiculous.

Decendt

05-16-2010

BACK ON TOPIC. No champion is useless. They all take a bit of know how to play. I've seen a couple of good Kayle players (I myself still seek improvement)...even great Eve and Tryndamere players.

Skyeclaw

05-16-2010

It may sound cliche, but I don't think any champion is useless exactly, just the player using them. I use to think the same way about Rammus the way you do about Kayle, didn't see one good one for awhile, after awhile some started emerging tho. The champ I usually see people suck with the most is Evelyn by far. And occasionally twitch, mainly cause they dont wait for the proper moment to strike when stealthed, don't watch for people with oracles, or simply don't realize just how squishy they are, even after dying 4 times in a row.

Hassurunous

05-16-2010

Doesn't matter about builds. I've seen Kayle's run almost the exact build you say Tempestt, and they were still useless. the ult was cool, but fail, and the attacks were negligible as were the heals. Jax is worthless early game especially if the person playing Jax is one of those noobs who thinks "Jax is sooo OP!! I can just run in and murder everything! Just like that Jax I just fought!". Granted, there is a way to make (almost) every champion useful, but there are some champions that require in-depth knowledge and a skilled hand to make even semi-useful, thus making the vast majority of them useless, as their players are not up to the task of playing that champ.

JonnyThinkChamp

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GosuOP View Post
Ashe - since I'm still in the teens level, a lot of newbies are using this champion...

This is cool as hell. Back then, I fed on every Ashe I could find, they all sucked. It was basically 6v4 for most of my games. She has absolutely no defence, no escape, no anything but mediocre dps. Sure, in an organised team she's bat **** insane initiation, but in pubs she's trash. Make her commit to a fight, she drops like a hooker.