Follow the code DUDE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shamaniam

05-16-2010

EDIT: i know it's a wall o txt but the middle paragraph is an example and easily left out just read 1st and last if you want.

i congratulate you RIOT for putting something like this up very visible to the community at large. I think you should try and promote this as much as you can as it would help your game more than you know. i personally will do my best to stick to the code in my games from now on, and promote the code to other summoners in game when they are not following. We all slip, but when we do wouldn't it be nice to have someone in game say stop rage'n and follow the code DUDE! That's what im going to start doing from now on and see how it works out. hopefully RIOT will continue to promote it and it will heal the low level community.

not long ago I made a smurf account so I could play along with my little brother for his first few games. I didn't want him to get group against 30's so thats why I did it, not to stomp noobs lol. anyway i picked heroes i had nvr tried so i didnt do all that well in the end. we played 5 games i think. there was serious problems with the balance and attitudes of multiple members of all our teams every game =/ 1 game we eventually won after an hour is probably the best example of how the CODE could really help. it was a 5v4 because 1 of the opposing teams people disconnected right away and never returned. the other team had a ryze and a janna that were good players obviously smurfs. coincidentally who were nice people who did follow the code and told me they were smurfs as i told them i was by the end. anyway as they were beating the **** out of us and almost won the game the first 45 minuets. the other members of our team were trashing me, my bro and the rest of the team for that matter the whole time. i was doing teribad as i obviously couldn't play the toon i picked that time haha and my bro was a total nub to RTS's really so ya he wasn't doing well. it's hard to have to tell my bro no you dont suck that bad, i know it's 4v5 and you really want to win a game but this game takes teamwork which were not having here. I mean the guys were raging on some1 that they were just told is a total noob what good does that do any1. it really scared my bro's view of the game i think unfortunatly. here we are in what i was calling nub island because it was our accounts 1st games and people are raging for not being good at the game WTF. eventually though i was able to convince our team to stay in the game long enough to make the advantage really stick out despite the fact they had allot more kills and we concentrated on buildings not heroes to win the game. This ONLY happened because i stayed positive and constructive with the rager's the ENTIRE hour. in other words you could have said i upheld the CODE. doing this caused 1 of our rager's to eventually afk at the fountain. i think it was his idea of a rage quit, he didnt think we had a chance in hell lol. but the other 2 on our team eventually pulled around and starting being constructive and working twords goals instead of rageing. 1 that was raging hard on us eventually mockingly said ok "BOSS" ill do that, at some point instead of wasting his time saying how bad we were. from that point on our team did well. honestly even if it's only for selfish reasons this code will win you games. when i played WC3 TFT random team games a million times a day a CODE i followed similar to this won me many many games that would have been lost if i had given into the urge to rage. not saying im perfect because i am not and get pissed off sometimes just like everyone else but this CODE is something we should all be aspiring to even if only to win more games lol.

wow that was really long. anyway to sum up my bro was turned off mostly by the community not the bad MM for NOOBS(I think the MM works good for me. i am lvl 28 with around a 50/50 record overall if you count all heroes i think). This CODE will help address that issue and i commend RIOT for promoting it. the thing that turns everyone away that i try and get into this awesome game is the BAD experience they have lvl 1-10 with people telling them EXACTLY how much they suck with many colorful word's.

Deadly Paradox

05-16-2010

tl;dr

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

tl;dr

edit: lol @ up xD

tyrantlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

thats a huge block of text... may want to make your statements more concise

ZiPpYz

05-16-2010

Wall of text

Chooby

05-16-2010

k

Max67

05-16-2010

i came

Rugi

05-16-2010

Wall of text crits PvP.net for 9000

SlyGoat

05-16-2010

did anyone actually read that?

Rugi

05-16-2010

I didnt