I can answer anything.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Righteous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

John Cleese

CoolBreeze95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Righteous View Post
John Cleese
U are talkin about the movie.

Snorky420

08-26-2011

Oh, I thought you were implying a philosopher by profession had used it somewhere else before... Not just the Hitchhikers Guide reference.

Not that Adams wasn't very smart, and a bit of a philosopher... but you know, different vein from Nietzsche or Whitehead or something lol

CoolBreeze95

08-26-2011

But again guys, lets keep it LoL related.

CoolBreeze95

08-26-2011

Bump.

Snorky420

08-26-2011

If Annie is my favorite champ, and my only complete rune page is spell pen/AP...

What other champ should I pick, to utilize same runes and give me the hard-carry playstyle like Annie does?

Coppersky

08-26-2011

I have a rules question actually. From what I understand, it's allowable to have more than one account (please correct me if I'm wrong). Is it also allowable to set up a game with nothing but two of your accounts and maybe some bots?

This isn't for any nefarious purpose, I just need the practice, and it looks like the ability to play practice games solo mentioned in the beginner's guide has been removed. I've done some studying of the game and tried to learn enough to contribute, but the problem is that I'm just not that used to this type of game. I keep screwing up where to click, what to click, and things like that. So if I play with a team against AIs, I'm still a load, and believe me, everyone I've been randomly paired up with has been quick to tell me so.

TwistWrist

08-26-2011

Meh, just play beginner bots then. One good player can carry a whole team of people in beginner bots.

Snorky420

08-26-2011

Copper, I was in the same position as you.. and while I can't comment on whether you'll be able to set yourself up in a game against yourself, what I do know is..

Bots are poor practice once you understand the most basic mechanics of the game. If you want to improve at a decent rate, just dive into PvP.

A HUGE mistake one of my friends made was to play bot games until level 10 or so.. and then be completely useless in PvP..since they were playin with higher levels.

Your PvP teammates will be just as unforgiving as your bot game teammates, but you will learn SO much faster.

CoolBreeze95

08-26-2011

Quote:
If Annie is my favorite champ, and my only complete rune page is spell pen/AP...

What other champ should I pick, to utilize same runes and give me the hard-carry playstyle like Annie does?
Annie is a typical burst damage mage, if u want to utilize the same runes for other champions i would suggest other burst damage mages. here is some examples:

Anivia, Brand, Malzahar, Veigar.

@Coppersky if i understand you correctly, you want to practice the game before you move on to PVP, where you find the game play too stressing. My 1st tip would be to get a champion that does not require a lot of "skill" to play. Try to go for AD champions, as they rely mostly on basic attacks, to practice, i would suggest to get one of these ranged AD carries, (e.g. Ashe, Tristana, Caitlyn etc) and go middle vs one bot in a custom game. Once you get the hang of it, try other champions, that said, the only way to really adapt to the PVP aspect of the game, which is the most developed and deep part of the game, i'll just advice you to play Normal games, maybe start on the 3v3 map for smaller fights.

To adress snorky on how he says not to play vs bots: I agree playing with bots untill you get to level 10 is to take it a little to far, but to practice the core mechanics of laning vs a bot in custom game is something different, and as i said, playing PVP is the only real way to adapt to the game. just keep practice mate =)