Tristana Skin question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nybrium

07-29-2012

The fix - is to use google chrome. I was using IE, and got the same exact problem. I switched to google chrome and it worked immediately!

Mango027

07-29-2012

you also have to make sure it is made public, if it is just shared with yourself and/or just friends then it might not work, make sure when you add LoL as a friend you make sure you click "everyone"

TheSlenderMan12

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargarineDawn View Post
Ok I figured it out. It's VERY confusing so be sure to follow all these instructions EXACTLY. This post is for people who get the message "You are currently not our fan on facebook"

1. Make sure the email you use on facebook and the email you use here are the same. (I've been told this isn't necessary, but I did it just in case)
2. Make sure that you are logged on to both facebook and LoL forums as well.
3. After you are logged on, then search for League of Legends on Facebook, and choose "Like" at the (what used to be "Become a Fan")
4. Then you need to ALSO "Like" the LoL Community Tristana page by following theses instructions EXACTLY:

A. Click on this link. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/facebook (If you get the "You are currently not our fan on Facebook" then that means the 1st time you did that, you clicked CONNECT in the bottom right hand corner - THIS IS WRONG!!!! YOU MUST CLICK 'LoL Community Tristana' in the center of the page!!! NOT CONNECT!!!

If you did that, you must fix it by following these instructions.
1. Visit http://www.facebook.com/#!/editapps.php?ref=mb and remove the "LoL Community Tristana" Application from your apps list, then:
2. Visit http://facebook.com/leagueoflegends and make sure you're a fan
3. Re-visit http://leagueoflegends.com/facebook (You will be allowed to repeat the steps if you remove the Tristana application)
4. NOW THIS TIME....CLICK 'LoL Community Tristana' - they are teeny tiny letters in the middle of the pop-up.

B. After you Click on 'LoL Community Tristana' it will take you to the LoL Community Tristana Facebook page; you MUST 'Become a Fan' by choosing 'Like' on this one as well!! [Whoever designed the redirect to the webpage most likely assumed that LoL users all use the same browser they tested it on and it would automatically subscribe you to both pages; For some browsers, this obviously does not work, so you must subscribe to both Facebook accounts manually]

C. Now re-visit http://leagueoflegends.com/facebook for the third time, and since you have already clicked the 'LoL Community Tristana' page and have 'Like' it, you can go ahead and click CONNECT in the bottom right hand corner.

After that, I obtained the skin.

Good luck.
what if i don't have the "LOL community tristana" application in my facebook but i still can't get the skin?

TheSlenderMan12

12-11-2012

ya i tried everything and nothing is working could someone help me, im using chrome, i dont have the LOL community app in my facebook, i liked the page but i still cant get the skin... any suggestions?

BoshuaJernal

12-27-2012

Riot please help, or at least let us know if it's still valid or not. I'm having the same problem as TheSlenderMan12. (No app to remove and of course no champion+skin)

Kirara1291

01-04-2013

i dont know what im doing wrong... ive tried everything. ive liked league of legends on fb and the community page for tristana and everytime i click the riot girl like listed about it still tells me im not a fan...

Delingar

01-04-2013

I started LoL 2 weeks ago and had the same problem and followed all the advice you guys are seeing here.

The solution is to take a screenshot of the error you're getting (about not being a fan), and submit a support ticket. Within a week of me filing a report with customer support (including the screenshot), they had contacted me that both Tristana and the Riot Girl skin had been added to my account.

Supafly GLHF

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delingar View Post
I started LoL 2 weeks ago and had the same problem and followed all the advice you guys are seeing here.

The solution is to take a screenshot of the error you're getting (about not being a fan), and submit a support ticket. Within a week of me filing a report with customer support (including the screenshot), they had contacted me that both Tristana and the Riot Girl skin had been added to my account.
*In case anyone didn't know, Delingar as well as many others of you have posted about this problem but it seems Delingar found a solution so I hope others can do the same when certain internet mechanics aren't working properly. It's good to know Riot support is correcting the issue.

Congratz man, good to know you followed up and let us know what happened! Keep rocking and enjoy Tristana on "the fields of justice." ^^